Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bumgals do it gain--Bringing back Chris Henry

Legend

Re: Bumgals do it gain--Bringing back Chris Henry

Marvin Lewis is spineless to let Henry back. He has lost total control of that team and it is unlikely after he is fired he will ever get another NFL head coaching job. Wasn't he the one just a month ago saying Henry wasn't welcome?
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Marvin Lewis is spineless to let Henry back. He has lost total control of that team and it is unlikely after he is fired he will ever get another NFL head coaching job. Wasn't he the one just a month ago saying Henry wasn't welcome?
    The stories are that it isn't his call...this is on Mike Brown (aka "The Redeemer"). Either way it doesn't matter - the moment he screws up all of this will be dredged up again. Wonder how Carson feels about this...
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

LasVegasGuy

Isn't he suspended for the first 4 games anyway? Why not wait for teams to start cutting players. I'm sure there are going to be some big time, experienced players cut in the next week or so. To resort back to Henry after you released him is too damn funny. The Bengals are a mess, Chad Johnson is a mess.

By the way if Phelps can win 8 gold medals and take 7 world records I would love to see the "inner city kids" that Chad says can beat him right now. He should be released for just being stupid. I would be embarrased if I was a Bengals fan or Carson Palmer.

I love it. That "team" is skidding downhill in a hurry. They'll will be lucky to have won a single game by the time Henry even sees the field. The one guy I actually feel bad for is Keith Rivers. Seems like a good kid and I think he'd a made a great Steeler. Too bad for him he'll be surrounded by "thugs" (yeah, that's right, I said it...), losing and general malcontent.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG FAN
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Can you believe how desperate these idiots are to win? I would be embarrassed to be a Bumgals fan and bring back Chris Henry.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3541693

Totally classless organization. They will always be the joke of the NFL.
    There is no way we could do that, O.
    We have always "cut" talent if they have no character.
    That is why we dont have these kind of problems. (See Tim Whorley, Bam Morris ect.)
    And that's just one of the many things I appreciate about the way our organization is run.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Pro Bowler

As I said before when there were rumors of this happening a couple of weeks ago, I want to see Henry turn his life around and get back in the NFL but I don't want him back in Cincy. Not much more to say about that...

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life
    The stories are that it isn't his call...this is on Mike Brown (aka "The Redeemer"). Either way it doesn't matter - the moment he screws up all of this will be dredged up again. Wonder how Carson feels about this...
    Carson I don't think minds it. He got close with Henry as I'm sure a lot of qb's and receivers do, so I'm sure part of him wants to help Henry succeed on and off the field.

Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma
    And that's just one of the many things I appreciate about the way our organization is run.
    The Steelers are a better run organization than most in the NFL, that I'll give you. But you guys make similar decisions and it's not always the right one (From a moral standpoint).

Case in point two Steelers get charged with Domestic Violence a couple of weeks apart from each other. One gets kicked off the team the next morning, while the other receives zero punishment. Care to explain why?

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    As I said before when there were rumors of this happening a couple of weeks ago, I want to see Henry turn his life around and get back in the NFL but I don't want him back in Cincy. Not much more to say about that...

Carson I don't think minds it. He got close with Henry as I'm sure a lot of qb's and receivers do, so I'm sure part of him wants to help Henry succeed on and off the field.

The Steelers are a better run organization than most in the NFL, that I'll give you. But you guys make similar decisions and it's not always the right one (From a moral standpoint).

Case in point two Steelers get charged with Domestic Violence a couple of weeks apart from each other. One gets kicked off the team the next morning, while the other receives zero punishment. Care to explain why?

One sucked the other didn't.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom112

I believe that C Wilson had a similar incident with the same girl and the team didn't cut him, but when it happened again that is when the axe was swung.

J Harrison had one incident and immediately seeked help for the situation with counseling, he was being very proactive.

That is the difference!
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by AkronSteel

I believe that C Wilson had a similar incident with the same girl and the team didn't cut him, but when it happened again that is when the axe was swung.

J Harrison had one incident and immediately seeked help for the situation with counseling, he was being very proactive.

That is the difference!
    As I read and heard from your fellow fans when the original incident occurred, the girl had cops come for her, but C Wilson wasn't there and had nothing to do with the incident. Now you guys are saying he had a similar incident? Ced was never even charged with anything in the supposed first incident.

Also Holmes and Harrison both have one strike. Do you honestly think that if either gets into a "similar" situation that either will be cut?

Isn't he suspended for the first 4 games anyway? Why not wait for teams to start cutting players. I'm sure there are going to be some big time, experienced players cut in the next week or so. To resort back to Henry after you released him is too damn funny. The Bengals are a mess, Chad Johnson is a mess.
    Big chance the Bungles are taking by acquiring Henry's services. Goodell has already stated that he'll remove picks from organizations who retain these players coming off suspsensions if they cross the line again. This move is most unwise. But hey they're loss is our gain.