Thread: Chris Henry a Bengal again?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Chris Henry a Bengal again?

So now it appears that we will inevitably will be resigning the one and only Chris Henry:

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3541693"]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3541693[/url]

When this topic was brought up before, I stated that I really wish Chris Henry turns his life around and finds success in the NFL, just not with the Bengals. Now it appears he will be back with the Bengals.

I guess get your jokes in now guys...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Chris Henry a Bengal again?

And your FO just proves how much of a joke it is.

This may be a good move for your offense, but not for your image. Well, at least maybe Carson will finally put up good numbers now that he has his three pro-bowl WR's back.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelTorch
    And your FO just proves how much of a joke it is.

This may be a good move for your offense, but not for your image. Well, at least maybe Carson will finally put up good numbers now that he has his three pro-bowl WR's back.
    Henry is only a pro bowler against the Steelers...

If Henry is a pro bowler then so is Nate Washington and Health Miller.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Washington? That's a laugh. Come on, even you have to admit Henry is better than Washington.

Miller? Most definitely. He's a pro-bowl calibur TE who never gets any love.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Washington? That's a laugh. Come on, even you have to admit Henry is better than Washington.

If you compare Washington and Henry's number for 2006 and 2007 (Combined), Washington had more yards, more receptions and only 2 less TD's than Henry (Their Yards Per Average is about the same as well). It's great that Henry does well ever so often when he's not suspended but he is not a pro bowl receiver.

There are a lot of players in the NFL with "Pro Bowl" talent, but unless you can consistently get it done you are not a pro bowl player.

So like I said if Henry is a pro bowl receiver than so is Washington. IF Henry can ever show consistency than I will concede the argument, but do you want to take that bet on Henry?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112

If you compare Washington and Henry's number for 2006 and 2007 (Combined), Washington had more yards, more receptions and only 2 less TD's than Henry (Their Yards Per Average is about the same as well). It's great that Henry does well ever so often when he's not suspended but he is not a pro bowl receiver.

There are a lot of players in the NFL with "Pro Bowl" talent, but unless you can consistently get it done you are not a pro bowl player.

So like I said if Henry is a pro bowl receiver than so is Washington. IF Henry can ever show consistency than I will concede the argument, but do you want to take that bet on Henry?
    Hmm...I can't seem to find Henry's stats on the NFL website. But I'll take your word for it.

I guess I just assumed the idea because I'm so used to Steelers fans ragging on Washington and Bengals fans hyping Henry.

And no, stats still aren't everything. Shut up.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Hmm...I can't seem to find Henry's stats on the NFL website. But I'll take your word for it.

I guess I just assumed the idea because I'm so used to Steelers fans ragging on Washington and Bengals fans hyping Henry.

Try googling "Chris Henry nfl.com". That will bring up his player card.

And stats aren't everything but calling a player who can't put up better numbers than Nate Washington a pro bowl receiver is laughable...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112

Try googling "Chris Henry nfl.com". That will bring up his player card.

And stats aren't everything but calling a player who can't put up better numbers than Nate Washington a pro bowl receiver is laughable...
    No, I agree. I shouldn't have called CH pro-bowl in the first place. (I was just using a generalized statement to make a point)

And I only said that last part because to admit that another player is better based on stats alone violates a personal code of mine. It'd be the same as JFF or sls admitting that fewer attempts does not equal better performance. My head would probably explode if I did.