Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lord help the Patriots if Brady goes down.

LasVegasGuy

Lord help the Patriots if Brady goes down.

I'm watching the Pats/Bucs game and I have to tell you it will be a long year in Foxboro if Brady gets injured. I know, I know its the preseason but the Patriots starters are all in there except for Brady and the defense looks as bad as the offense. Cassell is a complete joke and it wouldn't surprise if the Patriots cut him after this sorry excuse for football. The Bucs are capitalizing on turnovers, running through New England like they aren't even there, completing short passes for big gains and just plain embarassing them to the tune of 27-3. (53 yard field goal for Patriots )

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Lord help the Patriots if Brady goes down.

I thought the same thing.

Btw, I <3 the NFL Network!

Legend

User Info Menu

I never wish injury on anyone, but it sure would be funny to watch the Asterisks go 5-11 if Brady goes down.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    I never wish injury on anyone, but it sure would be funny to watch the Asterisks go 5-11 if Brady goes down.

Funny is you predicting 5-11 . I am not so sure they can win a game. I don't know if last night was a team "playing possum" until the season starts or are they really that dysfunctional without Brady. I saw some good things out of the Bucs quarterbacks last night and they can't possibly keep them all. I wouldn't be surprised if one of them (Garcia, McCown, Griese, Simms & Johnson) just earned a job with the Patriots after last night. The Bucs can't keep all these guys so someone possibly 2 of them will be cut and picked up by the Pats to replace Cassell.

Legend

User Info Menu

Didn't they draft a QB in the 3rd round this April (O'Connell?). Think they would have taken Dixon instead if they could do it all over again? If Brady goes down, I would trade them Batch or Leftwich for a 1st rounder!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Didn't they draft a QB in the 3rd round this April (O'Connell?). Think they would have taken Dixon instead if they could do it all over again? If Brady goes down, I would trade them Batch or Leftwich for a 1st rounder!

He didn't look so good last night either. The announcers were even saying the Patriots are playing with fire at the QB postion. If they don't grab one of the Bucs quarterbacks I could certainly see them making a pitch for Daunte Culpepper who would then be reunited with Randy Moss.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Brady might be overrated, but he's an 8-year vet who knows the system better than anybody (and has had the benefit of a cheat sheet).

He'd better watch his back this season. If the Pats*** go back to running up the score, Brady might end up having some PO'd linebacker take out his knee. I never wish injury on another player, but I'd be interested to see the results if that happens.

BIG FAN

I'm not really one to hold a grudge, but screw Tom Brady and his cheatin' ask pats*.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Even I thought the announcers were overreacting a bit in the way they were dogging the Pats*. But, since they stroke them all season long, it was fun to hear. My guess is the Pats*, even their defense, will not play that poorly once the games start to count in the standings.

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    Even I thought the announcers were overreacting a bit in the way they were dogging the Pats*. But, since they stroke them all season long, it was fun to hear. My guess is the Pats*, even their defense, will not play that poorly once the games start to count in the standings.

I think the defense struggles in my opinion. I think you will see many games played in the 20's for the Patriots. One game I guarantee they lose this year will be to the Colts. The Colts will eat up this defense. This will be one game where we see how bad they really are against a good offense.