Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: What's with the hate on Rucker?

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    What's with the hate on Rucker?

    On other boards I have read that Rucker is done for not catching that Hail Mary at the end of the game. Please. They are rarely successful, and he had shown skills in other areas.

    I think he is worth keeping and has a great career ahead in the Black & Gold.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]


    My son's first Kansas Turkey!

  2. #2
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: What's with the hate on Rucker?

    He looked like a promising prospect when we signed him, but he hasn't shown me much up to this point. I don't see any way he makes the final 53, but I would not be opposed to putting him on the practice squad the first year to see if they can cultivate that potential.
    Forced patriotism is an oxymoron.

    A government leader proclaiming that citizens have to stand proudly for the National Anthem or else they shouldn't be in the country sounds more like a mandated decree from a totalitarian dictator like Kim Jong Un rather than the leader of the Free World.

    Our ability to peacefully protest is a fundamental American right, and any attempt by our government to squash this freedom is what is truly dishonoring the liberty that our Star Spangled Banner symbolizes.

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Re: What's with the hate on Rucker?

    Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    On other boards I have read that Rucker is done for not catching that Hail Mary at the end of the game. Please. They are rarely successful, and he had shown skills in other areas.

    I think he is worth keeping and has a great career ahead in the Black & Gold.
    He dropped two balls that were very catchable, if I remember correctly. That's not going to exactly endear him to the coaching staff or the fans. He might look like a physical specimen, but he's at best a long shot for anything other than the practice squad in my opinion. I think Baker is the leading candidate for the fifth WR spot and if we go six deep it'll be a guy like Drummond who shows something in the return game.


  4. #4
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Re: What's with the hate on Rucker?

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    He looked like a promising prospect when we signed him, but he hasn't shown me much up to this point. I don't see any way he makes the final 53, but I would not be opposed to putting him on the practice squad the first year to see if they can cultivate that potential.
    RB, I don't think he'll even make the practice squad. However, I think he was worth the look and he has some legit talent to play in the NFL.

    Imagine if he had caught that ball at the end of the game? He'd be legend...but he still wouldn't make the club. And the PS will be for guys like Legursky who will be held for development at positions of need. The Steelers are flush at WR, so Rucker will probably be a victim of the numbers game.
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Re: What's with the hate on Rucker?

    Rucker has quite a story to his life, and seems to be of very good character.
    And he has alot of raw talent, which if recognized gives possibility for PS, and if not then pick-up elsewhere. He needs alot of work on his hands, routes, etc.
    I am rooting for him.

    Hate? Over not catching a hail mary in a PS game? That says more about the haters than about Rucker.






  6. #6
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Re: What's with the hate on Rucker?

    Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy
    Rucker has quite a story to his life, and seems to be of very good character.
    And he has alot of raw talent, which if recognized gives possibility for PS, and if not then pick-up elsewhere. He needs alot of work on his hands, routes, etc.
    I am rooting for him.

    Hate? Over not catching a hail mary in a PS game? That says more about the haters than about Rucker.
    What's his story Duke? I'm not familiar with it.


  7. #7
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Re: What's with the hate on Rucker?

    Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy
    Rucker has quite a story to his life, and seems to be of very good character.
    And he has alot of raw talent, which if recognized gives possibility for PS, and if not then pick-up elsewhere. He needs alot of work on his hands, routes, etc.
    I am rooting for him.

    Hate? Over not catching a hail mary in a PS game? That says more about the haters than about Rucker.
    What's his story Duke? I'm not familiar with it.

    Try this link --- [url="http://media.www.dennews.com/media/storage/paper309/news/2007/11/14/News/theres.No.Way.Im.Going.To.Let.Her.Name.Die.Out-3086458.shtml"]http://media.[url]www.dennews.com/media/stor[/url] ... 6458.shtml[/url]






  8. #8
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Re: What's with the hate on Rucker?

    Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy
    Rucker has quite a story to his life, and seems to be of very good character.
    And he has alot of raw talent, which if recognized gives possibility for PS, and if not then pick-up elsewhere. He needs alot of work on his hands, routes, etc.
    I am rooting for him.

    Hate? Over not catching a hail mary in a PS game? That says more about the haters than about Rucker.
    What's his story Duke? I'm not familiar with it.

    Try this link --- [url="http://media.www.dennews.com/media/storage/paper309/news/2007/11/14/News/theres.No.Way.Im.Going.To.Let.Her.Name.Die.Out-3086458.shtml"]http://media.[url]www.dennews.com/media/stor[/url] ... 6458.shtml[/url]
    Thanks Dukie. After reading the article I do remember hearing about his loss. Hard not to root for someone who goes through personal tragedy, but he's a real long shot to be sure.


  9. #9
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Re: What's with the hate on Rucker?

    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyehoppy
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    He looked like a promising prospect when we signed him, but he hasn't shown me much up to this point. I don't see any way he makes the final 53, but I would not be opposed to putting him on the practice squad the first year to see if they can cultivate that potential.
    RB, I don't think he'll even make the practice squad. However, I think he was worth the look and he has some legit talent to play in the NFL.

    Imagine if he had caught that ball at the end of the game? He'd be legend...but he still wouldn't make the club. And the PS will be for guys like Legursky who will be held for development at positions of need. The Steelers are flush at WR, so Rucker will probably be a victim of the numbers game.

    As an Eastern Illinois Alum myself, I was hoping he would turn some heads, alas Hoppy I think you're right on the money. Hopefully he'll catch on (pardon the pun) elsewhere and develop.
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

  10. #10
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Re: What's with the hate on Rucker?

    Although none of the back-end WR's are making a strong case for the team to keep 6 of them, I was hoping that Rucker would make them consider it. But maybe he goes the Nate route & plays the PS & comes back strong next season.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •