Thread: Just wondering..

BIG FAN

Just wondering..

We have seen two preseason games and does it look like the new helmet the captain of the D wears has made any significant contribution? I'm wondering if some of the non-adjustments I noticed in our D was the result of lack of spontaneity or just piz poor tackling?
    Thoughts.

Backup

Re: Just wondering..

Quote Originally Posted by BIG FAN
    We have seen two preseason games and does it look like the new helmet the captain of the D wears has made any significant contribution? I'm wondering if some of the non-adjustments I noticed in our D was the result of lack of spontaneity or just piz poor tackling?
    Thoughts.

I'm thinking bulk of it was in poor tackling. We saw alot of that last year and it hurt. I'm sure the coaches will be taking numbers down when they review the tapes.
    http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg141...erpics/sth.jpg

"Success Is Determined By Attitude."
    AS Rocks

BIG FAN

I'm leaning that way too.
    I was just thinking after fifty years of football, how much can our D.C. tell his guys that he hasent imparted with them already?
    Read, react, smear the queer with the ball. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)
    How much more can LeBeau say in such limited time.

Legend

Can't remember who it was, but I was watching ESPN awhile back and they were talking about this. They basically said it gives the coach time to quickly call the play and then refresh memories on any tendencies or things to watch for or whatever. Reminders like, "In this situation they like to _____" or "Remember, if you see this then they usually ____".

BIG FAN

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Can't remember who it was, but I was watching ESPN awhile back and they were talking about this. They basically said it gives the coach time to quickly call the play and then refresh memories on any tendencies or things to watch for or whatever. Reminders like, "In this situation they like to _____" or "Remember, if you see this then they usually ____".
    That sounds almost like they get time to second guess, I mean doews it not bite right into that read react thing?
    I dont know, but I really think the D needs to take signals from the side, (Damn those cheatin' ***)!!

Legend

[quote=BIG FAN]
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":2n8zwo0w
    That sounds almost like they get time to second guess, I mean doews it not bite right into that read react thing?
    I dont know, but I really think the D needs to take signals from the side, (Damn those cheatin' ***)!![/quote:2n8zwo0w]

I don't know...I like the idea because the speaker in the helmet of the offense has allowed them to do the same thing. "If they line up like ___ then be sure to check to ___" and so on.

I think it levels the playing field.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

I wouldn't worry about it, since an old pro like James Farrior will be the one wearing it when the regular season comes around.

Pro Bowler
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio (Where the standard of expectation does not change)!!!

I know Larry Foote wasn't wearing a radio helmet on Thursday...Or maybe he was and the "coach" on the other end was saying, "pssst, Larry, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT cover Robert Royal on this next play, over"
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    I wouldn't worry about it, since an old pro like James Farrior will be the one wearing it when the regular season comes around.
    See, I wonder about that. Does Farrior come off the field on D? If so, then it makes sense to have a safety with the helmet speaker.