Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Okay, so what about Limas - so far?

Okay, so what about Limas - so far?

The optimist in me says rookie jitters. I know it's a HUGE adjustment for a wr going college>pro. But as a spoiled, impatient fan I'd like to see him snatching some of those balls and busting a move.

The pessimist says he looks like a poor man's Nate, if that's even possible, complete with hands of stone.

Also, should/could he add some bulk? He looks a tad fragile out there to me.

Am I overreacting? Expecting too much in pre season from our #2 that we thought dropped out of the sky to us?

Pro Bowler

Re: Okay, so what about Limas - so far?

I think there's a lot to be optomistic about. Chalk it up to some rookie jitters. He tied the record for TD receptions in a season at TX and is second all time in TD receptions. He had the hand injury (which is why he dropped to the Steelers) but he put up some nice numbers in the previous seasons. Averaging 15.1 and 17.4 ypc in the previous 2 years.

I'm thinking he didn't forget how to catch or loose all that ability. Hopefully a few good grabs and holding onto the ball after a lick or two will do wonders for his confidence and help him get back to being a good receiver!

Hall of Famer

i take it he didnt look good last night?

i thought he played well against the eagles. that one catch he had over the middle was really nice, he took a good hit and held on to the ball eventhough it was a short gain.

BIG FAN

Come to think of it, he did look a little gun shy last night.

Hall of Famer

He blocked well. But he is real slow off the LOS right now. Obviously, he's still learning the offense. I look forward to seeing him next week.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hes a great young talent and playing alongside of Mr. Ward will toughen him up.

He's a rookie, he's going to make mistakes, drop balls, miss blocks and not be on the same page as Ben. We'll be glad he's a Steeler at some point this season. I believe that he's made Washington and Baker better, becuase, they've been playing like two guys that want to make this team.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

BIG FAN

I think it will take him half a season to "catch" up.
    We saw against Philly, Limas Sweed, last night we saw Lima Beans. A rook, but one I would take over Reid in potential alone. If we bring this guy along like Holmes the sky's the limit. Good point about the blocking Steelblood.

Backup

Limas is still getting his feet wet. He made a nice downfield block when Dixon took off. There is alot more good things coming from Mr Sweed IMO.
    http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg141...erpics/sth.jpg

"Success Is Determined By Attitude."
    AS Rocks

BIG FAN

Quote Originally Posted by SteelHoss
    Limas is still getting his feet wet. He made a nice downfield block when Dixon took off. There is alot more good things coming from Mr Sweed IMO.
    Oh Yeah!