Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost my little dog last week.

BIG FAN

Lost my little dog last week.

I know this may not be the forum anyone cares about, but we lost lost Nancy Good girl after twelves solid years of loyalty.
    Karen and I (Billy) dont have children, and you can Imagine how much it hurt last Tues. When she died in my arms. Sorry for posting this, but I have had a hard time posting anyway. Karen said I should tell younz, and I fought her about it, but she wins.
    Sure do miss my "batchin" buddy", but we do have a new puppy now who can chase our cat. (Kitty needs love too.)
    Thanks .
    Billy

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Lost my little dog last week.

Pets are part of the family man. Sorry for your loss. Reflect back on the 12 good years and smile.

Starter

User Info Menu

Sorry for your loss,BF.You know where to find me if you need to talk.

BIG FAN

Thanx Fellas.

Legend

User Info Menu

I feel for you big fan. 12 years is a long time with a dog. So sorry.

My wife and I just got a boxer puppy a week ago and already I can't imagine the house without him. Hopefully your new puppy will help and you will be sleeping though the night soon (I know I'm not right now...)

BIG FAN

Heard that Ghost, I never knew 2.5 lbs. could wreak so much havoc at 4am.
    Bet that boxer pup is rambunctious as well.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

We have a couple cats and they are very much our feline children in the absence of the human type.

It's a real bummer to deal with the loss of a pet, BF. The Ol' Lady's pop lives downstairs from us and one of his cats died a couple months back. She was pretty feisty, but a great pet in her own way. We only had her here for a year and a half, but we do miss her.

I'm pretty sure that once our two buddies are gone, that will be a real hard time. They are a joy to have around! Enjoy your new buddy as much as the once just departed.
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

Legend

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear about that BF. I've been there, man. I'm feelin' ya.

On this forum a few months back, I started a discussion about pets with Steeler-related names, and I introduced my dog Rooney to the board (as well as the guinea pig Franco). Well, I already mentioned some recent follow-up info to NKy in a PM a couple of weeks ago, but I never discussed it in the open forum, so here goes:

I had to give Rooney up. My 3 year old daughter caught pneumonia for the 2nd time (and this was in the middle of summer!). We did an allergy test and 2 things turned up positive: dust mites and dogs. We ripped the wall-to-wall carpeting out of her room and installed wood flooring to cut down on the dander, but she still needed to be on the albuterol nebulizer 3 times per day. A guy at work has a wife who works at a vet's office, and one of her co-workers at the vet's office offered to watch Rooney for us while we were in the Dominican Republic for a week (my in-laws normally do that for us). Rooney and her German Shorthaired Pointer Snickers got along so well that week, plus they have a fenced in front yard and plenty of woods behind the house where the dogs can run free (he never had that opportunity living in our residential neighborhood). Rather than risking the health of our daughter, and realizing the excellent home Rooney would have with this new family, we adopted him over to them. We figured that if anyone would take great care of a dog, it would be someone who works at a vet's office. They have since sent me a CD-ROM with pictures of Rooney and videos of the dogs playing together. It was great to see, but it still breaks my heart to have to give him up like that. It is not as bad as finding one of your animals on the side of the road hit by a car (I've been there) or taking an animal to the vet because he was wheezing only to find out that he had numerous tumors and I had to hold him while he was euthanized right then and there because there was nothing that they could do for him (been there too). I know that Rooney is still loved and appears to be quite happy in his new home. It is hard saying goodbye to a member of the family for the past 6 years or so, but we understand that is was probably in the best interest of everyone involved, Rooney included.

Thanks for the opportunity to vent.

ROONEY

FRANCO
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

BIG FAN

Not to worry Ruthless, I appreciate the sharing and am glad to hear Rooney got a good home. I hope your little girl is doing much better, and vent anytime you like my friend.
    Once again thanks to all for your posts about our loss. God bless you all.

Billy & K.

Legend

User Info Menu

RB - bittersweet ending. But like you said, the dog is happy and your daughter is healthier.