Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LEFTWICH TAKES SHOT AT DAUNTE?

Starter

User Info Menu

Re: LEFTWICH TAKES SHOT AT DAUNTE?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    Now if he said, "That duma$$ Daunte thought he could start?? Hahahaha, that's the funniest $hit I heard in a long time. You don't roll up to Pittsburgh expecting to start. The f*cks wrong witchu. Hey Daunte, if you are reading this, you are a f*cking idiot."

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    “Only a fool would come here believing you have a chance to start when you have [Ben Roethlisberger] here. They’ve got Ben here and Ben’s a hell of a quarterback.” -Leftwich.

This could be viewed by some as an indirect shot. I really don't see it as a big deal.
    Exactly. Just another case of the media not having anything to write about so lets take one small, meaningless comment and make a big deal about it.

Now if he said, "That duma$$ Daunte thought he could start?? Hahahaha, that's the funniest $hit I heard in a long time. You don't roll up to Pittsburgh expecting to start. The f*cks wrong witchu. Hey Daunte, if you are reading this, you are a f*cking idiot."

Now that might be construed as taking a shot at someone.
    Exactly exactly. Tabloid journalism, like the powerless weak punk kid trying to become significant by inciting a conflict between two other people .... "Did you hear what he said about you? ... Does't that p!$$ you off? ...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    “Only a fool would come here believing you have a chance to start when you have [Ben Roethlisberger] here. They’ve got Ben here and Ben’s a hell of a quarterback.” -Leftwich.

This could be viewed by some as an indirect shot. I really don't see it as a big deal.
    oh ok thats what i thought, but thats the truth so i didnt really see it as a shot at all. im glad leftwich know's his role and has a grip on reality
    Not only don't I think he took a shot, but I will bet you that quote came as an answer to a question like "Do you expect to have a chance to start, Byron?" and they just happened to put his answer right after the part of the story where they talk about Culpepper wanting to start somewhere.

Legend

User Info Menu

I may be a minority on this, but I don't think Lefty's performance last night made it a no-brainer that Batch has got to go now. IMO, that's way premature, at least until Lefty can show that he knows how to throw the ball so someone on his team can catch it. I'm not saying that 3 days on the team before the game gave him his best chance to show his stuff, but I'm more in favor of keeping options open with Batch for now.

I think a more cautious strategy by the FO would be if Lefty can't show that he can compete/complete, let him go when Batch is healthy, and look to pick up another backup down the road.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o.
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1

oh ok thats what i thought, but thats the truth so i didnt really see it as a shot at all. im glad leftwich know's his role and has a grip on reality
    Not only don't I think he took a shot, but I will bet you that quote came as an answer to a question like "Do you expect to have a chance to start, Byron?" and they just happened to put his answer right after the part of the story where they talk about Culpepper wanting to start somewhere.
    im sure you are right. journalists like that should be ashamed of themselves. fabricating stories just to get some kind of conflict is so pathetic. i hate to see journalists abuse their power

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    I may be a minority on this, but I don't think Lefty's performance last night made it a no-brainer that Batch has got to go now. IMO, that's way premature, at least until Lefty can show that he knows how to throw the ball so someone on his team can catch it. I'm .

Hey... he did what no other Quarterback has been able to do... he got Nate Washington to catch a couple. :P

He did miss some, but he just started on Sunday,,,,,
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    I may be a minority on this, but I don't think Lefty's performance last night made it a no-brainer that Batch has got to go now. IMO, that's way premature, at least until Lefty can show that he knows how to throw the ball so someone on his team can catch it. I'm .

Hey... he did what no other Quarterback has been able to do... he got Nate Washington to catch a couple. :P

He did miss some, but he just started on Sunday,,,,,
    i did not see the game last night but i agree with sa steeler. getting rid of batch before leftwich has proven himself worthy would be a huge mistake

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

My advice to Lefty is to throw the ball a little harder!
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Culpepper is a fool for not signing here. With this line, he would probably would have had a few starts this year (for a decent team). He is setting himself up for failure if he is waiting for someone to get injured and then hoping to rush in and learn the playbook in a week in order to start the next game.

I really would have preferred Culpepper. I think Leftwich is more accurate, but he is going to get killed here because of our poor pass protection coupled with his limited mobility and slow delivery.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood
    Culpepper is a fool for not signing here. With this line, he would probably would have had a few starts this year (for a decent team). He is setting himself up for failure if he is waiting for someone to get injured and then hoping to rush in and learn the playbook in a week in order to start the next game.

I really would have preferred Culpepper. I think Leftwich is more accurate, but he is going to get killed here because of our poor pass protection coupled with his limited mobility and slow delivery.
    i agree, besides what other options does culpepper have?