Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: thoughts on the game...??

Starter

thoughts on the game...??

dallas baker certainly gave himself a boost over reid to make the team.

also, from what i was able to see- hartwig didn't do himself any favors in his efforts to over take mahan. i saw him wiff when pulling on an off LT run- didn't get any drive on a couple other interior runs.

anyone else have any input on hartwig??

somewhat surprised timmons was in the game till the end. I think that indicates they are trying to get him reps- to prepair him for starting. (hoping that is the case)

anthony smith playing strong safety... anyone have any comments?? I saw him lined up as SS, but couldn't really make any assessment-

Dixon looked much better- despite the line just letting the bills get pressure on him while rushing only 4.

couldn't really tell anything about Parker or Mendenhall- starting line looked like junk.

Pro Bowler

Re: thoughts on the game...??

There were some positives and negatives. That is to be expected. The thing about the negatives is they are things that can be worked on.

Pro Bowler

I know I said I was going to bed, BUT I just watched the Big Ben highlights on NFL.com, and honestly, our pass protection didn't look too bad at all, at least from what I saw. Kemo and Hartwig both looked like they could hold their own. *knocks on wood*

Obviously we had trouble opening running lanes this game, but FWP and Mendy looked great last week. I think once we decide who our center is, we'll be able to get these problems ironed out.

Our first team was beaten 14-0. Not good my friends.

Ben didn't have time until the Bills braught in their second unit, Marvel got manhandled by Schoeble, Colon also looked pretty bad. Ben looked good, checked down and threw one away, just wasn't given much protection. Our first team couldn't even run the ball against their second team. Also Woodley looked very human getting blocked easily by a running back at one point.

Just a bad night for the black and gold IMO.
    BnB Mock 2014
    1. Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
    2. Allen Robinson, WR, Penn State
    3. Dominique Easley, DT, Florida
    4. Phillip Gaines, CB, Rice
    5. Jordan Zumwalt, ILB, UCLA
    5. Jerick McKinnon, RB, Georgia Southern
    6. Prince Shembo, OLB, Notre Dame
    6. Beau Allen, NT, Wisconsin
    7. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona (went to BnB's Los Alamitos High School)

Another AS masterpiece.

Pro Bowler

It wasn't a stellar night for the Steelers, but there were positives!

I think that Dallas Baker took a major step towards securing the 5th WR spot. He showed good hands and some guts going over the middle for several of those passes.

I think Dennis Dixon showed he belongs on the 53 man roster. There is no reason for him to be put on the waiver wire, he is a player!

I thought the pass protection was okay with the first team, not great but okay! I think that we need to decide who the center is going to be and set it and get ready for Minnesota.

Santonio and Hines are going to give teams fits all year. These guys are good.

The defense was a real disapointment tonight. There was very little pressure and the tackling was terrible. I know that I have said it before but can we please cut Tyrone Cater? This guy is awful!

I thought Berger kicked well tonight! The one thing I noticed was that he was the holder on Jeff's attempts, that may be the one thing that makes a difference in that competition.

Overall the night was not good. There is alot of work to be done. Next week will be a good test for the 1st unit D. AP will run all over this team if they play the way they did this week.

Time to go back to work Gentlemen, only three weeks left till they start to count!

<a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Pro Bowler

I'm watching the replay currently. I was watching it online live via JustinTV.

Anyway did anyone see how much air Mendenhall was sucking after that first TD. I def don't think it was/is a big deal but he was huffing and puffing and getting knocked around in celebration by starks and co. He had to be thinking "just leave me alone for 30 seconds" lol.

BIG FAN

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98
    I'm watching the replay currently. I was watching it online live via JustinTV.

Anyway did anyone see how much air Mendenhall was sucking after that first TD. I def don't think it was/is a big deal but he was huffing and puffing and getting knocked around in celebration by starks and co. He had to be thinking "just leave me alone for 30 seconds" lol.
    I saw how much air he was sucking too!
    Asthma difficulties?

BIG FAN

Thought the first string Def. sucked bigger wind than my last beer fart.
    Also, Moore looked complacent, can't say he beat Reid. (This guy is still trying to stutter along.)
    Fella's, THIS IS THE TIME OF YEAR TO PROVE, AND MAKE YOUR SPOT?
    Did not see that much tonight, Ms. Big Fan said "Maybe it's a ploy!"
    I sure hope she's right, they ran through us like butter.

Pro Bowler

James Harrison looked good!!

That was a nasty sack that Timmons had against the 3rd string QB. I hope to see him do that against people who wont be selling insurance next month.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    James Harrison looked good!!

That was a nasty sack that Timmons had against the 3rd string QB. I hope to see him do that against people who wont be selling insurance next month.
    does harrison ever look bad? that guy is an animal. glad to hear timmons had a sack. im assuming the secondary didnt play all that well.