Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Steelers vs Bills Game Thread

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Steelers vs Bills Game Thread

I am a Kobe fan, but I'm also not thrilled about his "playing for big $$$ in Europe" comments. He makes plenty of money here in both salary and endorsements. More money than he could ever spend.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Rucker should have hauled that in. Oh well, nice effort by Dixon and the offense late.

The first team defense looked like shit, but I thought Ben moved our offense very well. Could have got better play by the first team line, especially in the running game, but if the first team O is in the whole game I have the feeling there would have been no problems.

Leftwich didn't look good at all, but he deserves a little slack for being here only four days. Dixon looked much better than last week and it looks like Baker gas finally made his first noise...Reid is gone.

Legend

User Info Menu

No injuries though, right?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    True.

Final thoughts: I'm not worried about defense. I was hoping I'd see more out of Woodley, but that's about it.

Actually, I'm starting to worry more about the D-line than the O-line. Hampton still looks fat and out of shape, and Keisel is still Keisel. I'm hoping to God we don't get a repeat of last season.

Any word on how the first-team O-line looked, Hartwig in particular?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Agreed about the Kobe comments, but I think Lebron and some others have said the same. Don't think it'd ever happen, but who likes hearing that crap?

Anyhow, I thought our LBs played alright from what I saw (I didn't catch the whole game). Silverback got to the QB. Timmons' speed is becoming more and more apparent. I liked the Baker sighting, and the Spaeth sighting. Reid is like the cow that gives you milk...then kicks the bucket over. He looked good on some plays, then completely screwed up on others.

Holmes and Ben are really starting to connect IMO. I'm thinking we're going to be seeing a lot of that happening this year.

Anyhow, we lost a preseason game. Time to call off the season, and start making next year's mock drafts...
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelTorch
    True.

Final thoughts: I'm not worried about defense. I was hoping I'd see more out of Woodley, but that's about it.

Actually, I'm starting to worry more about the D-line than the O-line. Hampton still looks fat and out of shape, and Keisel is still Keisel. I'm hoping to God we don't get a repeat of last season.

I'm looking for a big picture perspective on this as well, but I think I remember Hartwig jumping offside on a big play.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelTorch
    True.

I'm looking for a big picture perspective on this as well, but I think I remember Hartwig jumping offside on a big play.
    Really? I thought I saw a blurb somewhere that aside from the one penalty, he looked pretty good.

Well, I'll wait for the recap tomorrow. Good night.