Thread: McGahee and Reed questionable for Ravens opener

Legend

User Info Menu

McGahee and Reed questionable for Ravens opener

Reed has been on the PUP with shoulder problems and McGahee had his knee scoped. Just spreading the news....

[url]http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-ravens811,0,746248.story[/url]

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: McGahee and Reed questionable for Ravens opener

They will probably play, but I think that team from Maryland is going to struggle pretty terribly this year. There are very few playmakers on that team, and the guys who have given people fits for years are a year older and slower. I don't think Ray Ray has much left and is banking on getting a contract next year b/c of past performances from some team grasping at straws, like the Cowboys with Z Thomas this year. The Ratbirds are a team with aging big name contracts and very little young talent to step in to replace that. I see nothing more and 5-6 wins from them this year, and the Steelers are winning in Baltimore this year, mark it down!

<a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ravens still have enough young talent on defense to give the rest of the AFCN trouble. I never count the Ravens as a easy victory, it's usually a close, grind it out, physical game.

The problem (Aside from their offense as usual) is going to be health. Reed, Suggs and Ngata form a very solid core of young playmakers on that defense. Reed I expect to be ready to go come week one against us but I wouldn't be surprised if he's battling injury issues all season...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    Ravens still have enough young talent on defense to give the rest of the AFCN trouble. I never count the Ravens as a easy victory, it's usually a close, grind it out, physical game.

The problem (Aside from their offense as usual) is going to be health. Reed, Suggs and Ngata form a very solid core of young playmakers on that defense. Reed I expect to be ready to go come week one against us but I wouldn't be surprised if he's battling injury issues all season...
    Reed is a very physical player. I agree with you that he may battle the injury bug this year. McGahee has had knee problems (major) before, so, even though they call it routine he'll be questionable against the Bengals.

I wonder why he didn't get this "routine" scoping done prior to training camp and allow himself to be ready for the season for sure?

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount