Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Yeah so SteelersLive is back to it's glorious self

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Yeah so SteelersLive is back to it's glorious self

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    i consider a troll as someone just looking for any kind of confrentation and an instigator
    Nice post, you punk!!!!
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

BIG FAN

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel Blount's G
    Well, I can generally tune that girlish internet bickering out but it is some very junior highish stuff. The mods, if they exist, are funny there. They'll let all kinds of offensive gibberish and spam type crap go but then yank a guys thread that has a scantily clad girl in it i.e. Fordy's steeler babes. I can deal with all that but when the site gets all sluggish and molasses-like during game time, that's unacceptable for this hardcore Steeler fan
    When asked...the mods...explained that (well i specifically asked about LVGs got milk sig). Let me give you their very insightful response.

"We have received numerous complaints about his sig. He has violated the TOS with his vulgarity"

Asked about why Harry Nutczak was allowed to troll, and actually have a name that describes male genitalia.

"Shawn you are the only one complainging about HN (lie) and he hasn't violated TOS (another lie)"

This was the straw that broke the camels back. I knew either our mods were completely insane or they were purposefully trying to be ignorant.

Combine this with the slow MBs and I just had to find a new home.

I'm really glad J created this place.
    Me too, at least you got an answer from some of them.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    I have a feeling that the type of people that your describing are big sissies when away from a computer. It's a good possbility they were picked on as kids and have underachieve as an adult. The is the only outlet they have to make them feel like a real bada$$ without getting their rear end kicked is a message board. It makes them feel powerful.
    You've just described about 3/4 of the Bengals board members in a nutshell.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The internet power lifting street fighting god picture was too funny,.

This board has a much more positive repartee between people with diverging viewpoints. I still like to troll the other board for the madness though.
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Here are my thoughts on the trib live:

The trolls or totally negative "fans" don't bother me (usually). I am usually amused and then at times I get irked, go off, then feel better.

It actually used to be MUCH worse, argument wise back in the day when Crash/Pirogi Pete/SFL argued. There aren't many 80 page flamewars any more.

The performance of the board and instability did bother me.

I still post both places and will probably continue to do so.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

BIG FAN

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Here are my thoughts on the trib live:

The trolls or totally negative "fans" don't bother me (usually). I am usually amused and then at times I get irked, go off, then feel better.

It actually used to be MUCH worse, argument wise back in the day when Crash/Pirogi Pete/SFL argued. There aren't many 80 page flamewars any more.

The performance of the board and instability did bother me.

I still post both places and will probably continue to do so.
    I still post occasionally over there. Cant say I am impressed more by the aspect of civility over here or the fact that the most knowlegeable football minds (not myself)
    have seemed to gravitate here. Each time I come on the board I learn more about not only my Beloved Steelers, but the game in general. That for me is a true pleasure.
    (Thanx, all you know it all bastids.)

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BIG FAN
    (Thanx, all you know it all bastids.)
    You're welcome.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[quote=BIG FAN]
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mel Blount's G":1sonkhu8
    Well, I can generally tune that girlish internet bickering out but it is some very junior highish stuff. The mods, if they exist, are funny there. They'll let all kinds of offensive gibberish and spam type crap go but then yank a guys thread that has a scantily clad girl in it i.e. Fordy's steeler babes. I can deal with all that but when the site gets all sluggish and molasses-like during game time, that's unacceptable for this hardcore Steeler fan
    When asked...the mods...explained that (well i specifically asked about LVGs got milk sig). Let me give you their very insightful response.

"We have received numerous complaints about his sig. He has violated the TOS with his vulgarity"

Asked about why Harry Nutczak was allowed to troll, and actually have a name that describes male genitalia.

"Shawn you are the only one complainging about HN (lie) and he hasn't violated TOS (another lie)"

This was the straw that broke the camels back. I knew either our mods were completely insane or they were purposefully trying to be ignorant.

Combine this with the slow MBs and I just had to find a new home.

I'm really glad J created this place.
    While I dont always agree with Vegas, there was a few of of us that felt "put down" when they indiscrimately took his sig away.[/quote:1sonkhu8]

That was the beginning of the end for me as well...a tragic moment.

I mean I still post over there, but this has become my primary stop to discuss Steeler football. I never really did mind the infestation of trolls, despite the creation of the Lesions of Doom and my never-ending disdain for MSM. For me, it was the ridiculous level of censorship and the abject lack of communication from the moderators, which was completely disrespectful as well as the technical difficulties of that board. I do admit to a couple of slips on here in my little MSM war (which I do apologize for), but have otherwise kept it clean; now that he's gone my complete civility has been restored.

We clearly have the best of the Trib board here despite the fact that some of them still haven't made the jump. Hopefully as the season progresses, we'll get more folks to make that move. In the meanwhile, JHansle has made this a fantastic place for the best and brightest Steeler fans on the planet to assemble and discuss all things Black-n-Gold. I'm damn glad to be here.

Oh yeah...welcome aboard Stallion, Mel, and anyone else new on the scene.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[quote=eniparadoxgma]
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":2vz9mene
    I think if people look up the definition of a "troll" as it applies to online communities you'll see that being a fan of another team does not automatically make one a troll.
    yea thats a very good point. i consider a troll as someone just looking for any kind of confrentation and an instigator
    Bingo...that's the exact definition!
    you gotta be a real tough guy if your picking fights on the computer though
    [url=http://imageshack.us][/url][/quote:2vz9mene]

Is that a photo of HHH or Harry?
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Starter

User Info Menu

Oh,that is without a doubt Harry.