Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Yeah so SteelersLive is back to it's glorious self

Pro Bowler

Re: Yeah so SteelersLive is back to it's glorious self

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    you know i really dont mind troll's that are know football and like to discuss it as an adult. the trolls i hate are the hn's that are just obviously mentally unstable. i like people that have different opinon's than me, it makes things a lot more interesting. i will never understand how some people get so upset at someone they have never met before because they called them a name on a message board. i hate to think that people like that are actually adults or even older than i am. thats pathetic. i love this board though!! i have not once came across any juvi name calling and no one has any personal vendetta's. eventhough we may not have as many posters, its all about quality not quantitiy

I have a feeling that the type of people that your describing are big sissies when away from a computer. It's a good possbility they were picked on as kids and have underachieve as an adult. The is the only outlet they have to make them feel like a real bada$$ without getting their rear end kicked is a message board. It makes them feel powerful.

Like yourself, I really enjoy it here. I was a lurked on the Trib, didn't post much. I didn't feel the need to be called a loser by total strangers.

Legend

I think if people look up the definition of a "troll" as it applies to online communities you'll see that being a fan of another team does not automatically make one a troll.

BIG FAN

Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    you know i really dont mind troll's that are know football and like to discuss it as an adult. the trolls i hate are the hn's that are just obviously mentally unstable. i like people that have different opinon's than me, it makes things a lot more interesting. i will never understand how some people get so upset at someone they have never met before because they called them a name on a message board. i hate to think that people like that are actually adults or even older than i am. thats pathetic. i love this board though!! i have not once came across any juvi name calling and no one has any personal vendetta's. eventhough we may not have as many posters, its all about quality not quantitiy

I have a feeling that the type of people that your describing are big sissies when away from a computer. It's a good possbility they were picked on as kids and have underachieve as an adult. The is the only outlet they have to make them feel like a real bada$$ without getting their rear end kicked is a message board. It makes them feel powerful.

Like yourself, I really enjoy it here. I was a lurked on the Trib, didn't post much. I didn't feel the need to be called a loser by total strangers.
    I hate to agree with you on this one, they are sissies. Keyboard Commando's, not a spine among them.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    I think if people look up the definition of a "troll" as it applies to online communities you'll see that being a fan of another team does not automatically make one a troll.
    yea thats a very good point. i consider a troll as someone just looking for any kind of confrentation and an instigator

Legend

yea thats a very good point. i consider a troll as someone just looking for any kind of confrentation and an instigator
    Bingo...that's the exact definition!

Hall of Famer

[quote=stlrz d]
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":2ggwucuh
    Bingo...that's the exact definition![/quote:2ggwucuh]

you gotta be a real tough guy if your picking fights on the computer though

BIG FAN

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel Blount's G
    Well, I can generally tune that girlish internet bickering out but it is some very junior highish stuff. The mods, if they exist, are funny there. They'll let all kinds of offensive gibberish and spam type crap go but then yank a guys thread that has a scantily clad girl in it i.e. Fordy's steeler babes. I can deal with all that but when the site gets all sluggish and molasses-like during game time, that's unacceptable for this hardcore Steeler fan
    When asked...the mods...explained that (well i specifically asked about LVGs got milk sig). Let me give you their very insightful response.

"We have received numerous complaints about his sig. He has violated the TOS with his vulgarity"

Asked about why Harry Nutczak was allowed to troll, and actually have a name that describes male genitalia.

"Shawn you are the only one complainging about HN (lie) and he hasn't violated TOS (another lie)"

This was the straw that broke the camels back. I knew either our mods were completely insane or they were purposefully trying to be ignorant.

Combine this with the slow MBs and I just had to find a new home.

I'm really glad J created this place.
    While I dont always agree with Vegas, there was a few of of us that felt "put down" when they indiscrimately took his sig away.

[quote=frankthetank1]
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":6io0f9no
    you gotta be a real tough guy if your picking fights on the computer though[/quote:6io0f9no]

<a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

[quote=frankthetank1]
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":2e5jn5yn
    you gotta be a real tough guy if your picking fights on the computer though[/quote:2e5jn5yn]

<a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Hall of Famer

i laughed so hard i peed myself thats awsome