Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 59

Thread: Yeah so SteelersLive is back to it's glorious self

  1. #1

    Yeah so SteelersLive is back to it's glorious self

    And it's only pre-season. Running slow, not opening. Y'all know of which I speak.


    Guess it's time to visit here more regularily for my online STEEL fix. I just don't like changing when I get comfortable w/ something but that website sure ain't comfortable when you can't open f*** all.


    And hello PlanetSteelers. Nice smilies





  2. #2
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Akron, OH
    Posts
    1,272

    Re: Yeah so SteelersLive is back to it's glorious self

    Quote Originally Posted by Mel Blount's G
    And it's only pre-season. Running slow, not opening. Y'all know of which I speak.


    Guess it's time to visit here more regularily for my online STEEL fix. I just don't like changing when I get comfortable w/ something but that website sure ain't comfortable when you can't open f*** all.


    And hello PlanetSteelers. Nice smilies




    Welcome Friend.....always good to see posters coming over to the dark side!
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

  3. #3

    Re: Yeah so SteelersLive is back to it's glorious self

    Welcome...it's good to have ya. Anyone that has known me for any length of time knows I was one of the most active Trib defenders. I think I'm just slower than most. It took me 6 years to realize that the board problems would never change...no matter what promises were made. Trolls rule the land, the boards are sllloooooowww, and there is little to no moderation to keep the place civil.

    We are glad to have you here. I think you will like it.

  4. #4

    Re: Yeah so SteelersLive is back to it's glorious self

    Yeah, I was shocked when I spent some time over there this week. It's like Lord of the Flies, I could not believe how much that place has degenerated in a few months. Glad you're visiting here now MelBlount, I think you'll like it!

    P.S. I like your sig on the other board - it shows the Steeler way of being a veteran!


    We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

  5. #5

    Re: Yeah so SteelersLive is back to it's glorious self

    Well, I can generally tune that girlish internet bickering out but it is some very junior highish stuff. The mods, if they exist, are funny there. They'll let all kinds of offensive gibberish and spam type crap go but then yank a guys thread that has a scantily clad girl in it i.e. Fordy's steeler babes. I can deal with all that but when the site gets all sluggish and molasses-like during game time, that's unacceptable for this hardcore Steeler fan

  6. #6
    BIG FAN
    Guest

    Re: Yeah so SteelersLive is back to it's glorious self

    Welcome!
    About time.

  7. #7

    Re: Yeah so SteelersLive is back to it's glorious self

    Quote Originally Posted by Mel Blount's G
    Well, I can generally tune that girlish internet bickering out but it is some very junior highish stuff. The mods, if they exist, are funny there. They'll let all kinds of offensive gibberish and spam type crap go but then yank a guys thread that has a scantily clad girl in it i.e. Fordy's steeler babes. I can deal with all that but when the site gets all sluggish and molasses-like during game time, that's unacceptable for this hardcore Steeler fan
    When asked...the mods...explained that (well i specifically asked about LVGs got milk sig). Let me give you their very insightful response.

    "We have received numerous complaints about his sig. He has violated the TOS with his vulgarity"

    Asked about why Harry Nutczak was allowed to troll, and actually have a name that describes male genitalia.

    "Shawn you are the only one complainging about HN (lie) and he hasn't violated TOS (another lie)"

    This was the straw that broke the camels back. I knew either our mods were completely insane or they were purposefully trying to be ignorant.

    Combine this with the slow MBs and I just had to find a new home.

    I'm really glad J created this place.

  8. #8
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,215

    Re: Yeah so SteelersLive is back to it's glorious self

    I complained about HN many, many times. Never received ANY response with the exception of one claiming that he wasn't Ryan Leaf. I countered with, "How do you know? There are IP masking programs."

    No response.

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,755

    Re: Yeah so SteelersLive is back to it's glorious self

    you know i really dont mind troll's that are know football and like to discuss it as an adult. the trolls i hate are the hn's that are just obviously mentally unstable. i like people that have different opinon's than me, it makes things a lot more interesting. i will never understand how some people get so upset at someone they have never met before because they called them a name on a message board. i hate to think that people like that are actually adults or even older than i am. thats pathetic. i love this board though!! i have not once came across any juvi name calling and no one has any personal vendetta's. eventhough we may not have as many posters, its all about quality not quantitiy

  10. #10

    Re: Yeah so SteelersLive is back to it's glorious self

    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    you know i really dont mind troll's that are know football and like to discuss it as an adult. the trolls i hate are the hn's that are just obviously mentally unstable. i like people that have different opinon's than me, it makes things a lot more interesting. i will never understand how some people get so upset at someone they have never met before because they called them a name on a message board. i hate to think that people like that are actually adults or even older than i am. thats pathetic. i love this board though!! i have not once came across any juvi name calling and no one has any personal vendetta's. eventhough we may not have as many posters, its all about quality not quantitiy

    What do you know,poopyhead???









    :P

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •