Thread: John Lynch to Patriots?

LasVegasGuy

John Lynch to Patriots?

What the phuck? The Patriots always seem to get 2 or 3 productive years out of a player another team thinks is washed up. Are they the only ones looking for a safety?
    How do these guys fall into their laps year after year?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: John Lynch to Patriots?

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy
    What the phuck? The Patriots always seem to get 2 or 3 productive years out of a player another team thinks is washed up. Are they the only ones looking for a safety?
    This may actually be one we don't have to worry about LVG. I think I am faster than this guy at this point. I know I wouldn't want him in the Burgh!
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AkronSteel
    This may actually be one we don't have to worry about LVG. I think I am faster than this guy at this point. I know I wouldn't want him in the Burgh!

What he lacks in speed he makes up in smarts. I hope you are right. I would hate to see him end up there and make a difference. I'm already mad that they were able to snag Dom Capers to fix their defense.

Legend

User Info Menu

LVG - There's an "around the NFL" forum for other team stuff!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Now I have a reason to dislike John Lynch.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What he lacks in speed he makes up in smarts. I hope you are right. I would hate to see him end up there and make a difference. I'm already mad that they were able to snag Dom Capers to fix their defense.
    I'm with you LVG. John Lynch is a future HOF and is still one of the hardest hitting SS in the game. His experience and football intellect still can serve a great purpose on a team. Playoff experience as well with one championship under his belt. This is a guy I would love to have in our locker room. He was extremely tight with Tomlin when they worked together in Tampa.... wished he gave our coach a call when he got released.

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel

I'm with you LVG. John Lynch is a future HOF and is still one of the hardest hitting SS in the game. His experience and football intellect still can serve a great purpose on a team. Playoff experience as well with one championship under his belt. This is a guy I would love to have in our locker room. He was extremely tight with Tomlin when they worked together in Tampa.... wished he gave our coach a call when he got released.
    I'm pretty happy with Clark and Polamalu. What I don't like is how the Patriots always seem to end up with these guys. I take it nobody around the league needed a strong safety? He will make a difference in thier secondary and Belicheat will once again look like a genius.

If he was cut from the Lions we would have signed him the next day.