Thread: Ravens' Scott on Ward: 'I never forget'

Legend

User Info Menu

Ravens' Scott on Ward: 'I never forget'

Ravens' Scott on Ward: 'I never forget'
    By Joe Starkey
    TRIBUNE-REVIEW
    Wednesday, August 13, 2008
    [url="http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_582578.html"]http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 82578.html[/url]

WESTMINSTER, Md. - Bart Scott has regained his memory.

That became clear Tuesday morning at McDaniel College, site of the Baltimore Ravens' training camp, when the outspoken, seventh-year linebacker was asked if he remains bitter toward Steelers receiver Hines Ward.

Scott, you may recall, threatened retribution after Ward delivered a pair of seismic blocks -- one on Scott and one on safety Ed Reed -- during the Steelers-Ravens game Nov. 5 at Heinz Field. Ward was held out of the Dec. 30 rematch to rest an injury before the playoffs.

Neither block was penalized. Scott thought they were cheap shots.

Is retribution still coming?

"I never forget," Scott said. "So, we shall see."

That's not what a playful Scott said in a conference call with reporters before the rematch last season, before Ward was declared out.

Inquiring minds wanted to know if Scott, who'd threatened on the field to "kill" Ward, would follow through on his vow to "find him and make sure I take the most violent shot I can take."

"That was about eight weeks ago," Scott said. "I don't have long-term memory. That is a defect I was born with; only short-term. You never noticed I wear a wristband on my hand? That's so I can remember the plays."

It was obvious yesterday that Scott's long-term memory is fully intact, as is his ability to generate colorful quotes. Asked about the upbeat atmosphere under new coach John Harbaugh, he said, "It's almost like getting a new girlfriend. You're excited for the first date -- (up until) the second year, when you see it's the same old, same old."

Big hits have become a recurring storyline with Scott and the Steelers. Two years ago, he knocked quarterback Ben Roethlisberger out of a game at M&T Bank Stadium.

Roethlisberger said it was a clean hit and probably the hardest he'd ever absorbed. Scott later claimed it could have been much worse.

"(Roethlisberger) was exposed, wasn't tensed up because he didn't see me coming," Scott said later. "I saw all of his chest, and I could've gone anywhere from the kidneys to the sternum to underneath the chin. I had a 15-yard start. I could have done some serious, serious damage."

The normally imposing Ravens defense dropped from 60 sacks in 2006 to 32 last season. Scott, undrafted out of Southern Illinois in 2002 before rising all the way to the Pro Bowl in 2006, predicts the unit will return to form, despite some issues.

Among them: Age is creeping in at certain positions; pass-rushing linebacker Terrell Suggs remains a camp no-show (he hasn't signed his $8.472 million tender but is expected to show up before the season opener); and Reed is battling a nagging shoulder injury.

"I'm sure most people think we'll be third or fourth (in the AFC North)," Scott said. "I think different. We'll see. The key for us, as always, is staying healthy."

How about a final take on Ward?

"I love Hines Ward," Scott said, his words laced with sarcasm. "Tell him he's got a free pass."

Free pass?

"He can go wherever he wants to go. He can go across the middle. I'll just shake his hand and pat him on the (butt).

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

BIG FAN

Re: Ravens' Scott on Ward: 'I never forget'

What I would really love to see is Holmes lay him out this year while he's looking for Ward.
    Maybe Bart can blow up again this year and cost his team some more wins.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

What a little bitch. He can dish it out, but can't take it. I hope it happens to him twice more this season.

BIG FAN

Quote Originally Posted by SteelTorch
    What a little bitch. He can dish it out, but can't take it. I hope it happens to him twice more this season.
    Hope it happens twice more in each game we play them. I cant stand this consummate immature mouth in pads.

Legend

User Info Menu

Puleez.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BIG FAN
    What I would really love to see is Holmes lay him out this year while he's looking for Ward.
    Maybe Bart can blow up again this year and cost his team some more wins.

haha I was thinking the same thing after I read the article. The guy is like the rest of the Raven's defense. Living off the past...
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Legend

User Info Menu

What an idiot...gee, this kind of commentary certainly won't draw the attention of the NFL and the officials.

[url="http://www.nfl.com/videos"]http://www.nfl.com/videos[/url]

Down below the video screen click on the "find" tab (furthest to the right) and type in "officiating emphasis 08".

The first clip featured is Scott going off on the officials.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

what a piece of crap

Bob

What a joke. Ward's hits were clean, just like the hit he had on Ben as outlined in the article. Seems like a little sissy boy thinking that he lives in a bubble. He can be hit when he is "exposed" (referring to his own words when he hit Ben) and now he is pissed because he did not see Hines coming....TWICE.

Oh, BTW,

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Over the past few days we've seen the Browns and Ravens talking about the Steelers. And we've seen the Steelers talking about...uh, the Steelers. Further proof of the inferiority complex these lowlife franchises are suffering from. I'm expecting a similar story out of Bengals camp sometime soon.

Keep talking, doosh bags. We'll let our play on the field do our talking for us.