Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick Take: Steelers vs. Bills

Legend

User Info Menu

Quick Take: Steelers vs. Bills

Keep your eye on ...

The Bills playing in Toronto: This game will kick off an eight-game series of Bills games in Toronto that will feature the first-ever regular-season NFL contest played on Canadian soil. Later this year, Buffalo faces Miami on Dec. 7 at Toronto's Rogers Centre. It will be the first of three preseason games and five regular-season games played in Toronto's Rogers Centre through 2012.

Steelers QB Byron Leftwich: After backup quarterback Charlie Batch left the game last week with a broken collarbone, the Steelers were on the phone looking for some experience on the depth chart behind Ben Roethlisberger. With rookies Dennis Dixon and Mike Potts as the only other quarterbacks on the roster, the Steelers signed Leftwich on Sunday.
    [url="http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter;jsessionid=38744D507655846D0207CE755441 6B5F?game_id=29801&displayPage=tab_gamecenter&seas on=2008&week=PRE2"]http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter;jsessioni ... &week=PRE2[/url]
    Steelers offensive line: With the departure of All-Pro guard Alan Faneca in the offseason, the Steelers have been forced to shuffle some players to find the right combination for both pass protection and run blocking. Last week, the line was solid, and the players' continued progress as a unit will affect the playmaking of RBs Willie Parker and rookie Rashard Mendenhall.

Bills quarterbacks: Trent Edwards struggled vs. the Redskins while J.P. Losman, the guy Edwards replaced as the starter, went an efficient 7 of 9 with a touchdown. Edwards will want to rebound so as to avoid any whispers regarding his status as the Bills' No. 1 quarterback.

Bills defensive back Leodis McKelvin: McKelvin looked fast and sharp on special teams last Saturday, returning a punt 45 yards and later setting up a Bills field goal with a 37-yard kick return. The Bills' first-round pick will look to establish himself more in the defensive backfield vs. Pittsburgh.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Quick Take: Steelers vs. Bills

the game is on nfl network right?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

scheduled to air at midnight, Friday morning. Not live, as far as I can tell. Unless it is regionally

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    scheduled to air at midnight, Friday morning. Not live, as far as I can tell. Unless it is regionally
    oh that kinda sucks. thank god for dvr at least. thats strange i wonder why they are not showing it live.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    oh that kinda sucks. thank god for dvr at least. thats strange i wonder why they are not showing it live.
    Because of the ever-important MAKING THE SQUAD 2006 San Diego Chargers: The three-part series chronicles all aspects of the cheerleader audition process as veterans compete to maintain their positions while eager rookies struggle to make the team. All 3 hour long episodes will appear back-to-back-to-back while the Steelers and Bills are playing in Toronto. You've gotta have priorities!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Because of the ever-important MAKING THE SQUAD 2006 San Diego Chargers: The three-part series chronicles all aspects of the cheerleader audition process as veterans compete to maintain their positions while eager rookies struggle to make the team. All 3 hour long episodes will appear back-to-back-to-back while the Steelers and Bills are playing in Toronto. You've gotta have priorities!
    wow that is the dumbest thing i have ever heard. i would think football would be nfln's first priority, but apparently boobs are more important

Legend

User Info Menu

I have priorities.......

I'll be at the game.......

But my dvr will be recording the cheerleaders

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

wow that is the dumbest thing i have ever heard. i would think football would be nfln's first priority, but apparently boobs are more important
    I think they have this backwards. At 7:30 in the evening football is the priority. At midnight ... well boobs are the priority!!

As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If anyone cares, Philly and Carolina is on FOX tomorrow night. I just hope they don't flash the score of the Steeler game during this broadcast. I plan on getting up at 5 AM to watch the Steelers/Bills that I plan to TIVO

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Finally a benefit of being on the West Coast...I won't be reading any forums and stay away from the tv until 9pm!
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...