Thread: D-line help?

Legend

User Info Menu

D-line help?

8/10/2008 DT Kimo von Oelhoffen Released from the Eagles He was a real good player when he was here do you think he has enough left in his tank to do the Steelers any good?

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: D-line help?

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer
    8/10/2008 DT Kimo von Oelhoffen Released from the Eagles He was a real good player when he was here do you think he has enough left in his tank to do the Steelers any good?
    If Kemo was 70 years old, he could probably still hold up against the run better than Eason did late last season after Aaron Smith went down.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer
    If Kemo was 70 years old, he could probably still hold up against the run better than Eason did late last season after Aaron Smith went down.
    Good point

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Mike Tomlin

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

That being said though, he is 37, and a body can only take the type of pounding that goes on in the trenches for so long. He's played 14 years in the league now, but last season was the first time this decade that he was not a regular starter. He played in only half the Eagles' games and only started one of them. As sad as it may sound to say it, it may be time for ol' Kemo to hang 'em up.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I don't think KVO is the answer to the teams depth problems. The guy has been around forever and I just don't think he has any gas left. He was running on empty with the Steelers in 05 and hasn't contributed anything at either one of his other stops. As much as I would love for the guy to be what he was in 04 its not gonna happen. The Steelers need to watch that waiver wire though and if there is someone better that can contribute then by all means, GET IT DONE!

<a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AkronSteel
    I don't think KVO is the answer to the teams depth problems. The guy has been around forever and I just don't think he has any gas left. He was running on empty with the Steelers in 05 and hasn't contributed anything at either one of his other stops. As much as I would love for the guy to be what he was in 04 its not gonna happen. The Steelers need to watch that waiver wire though and if there is someone better that can contribute then by all means, GET IT DONE!
    Judging by how the team went after Huntley after he was dumped the Skins, I would assume they ready to take a look at any decent D-Lineman who shows up on the waiver-wire (I'm looking at you , Shaun Cody of the Lions!).
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Backup

User Info Menu

We don't have many options right now--I just know our backups on the d-line look horrible and the starters are getting old!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
    We don't have many options right now--I just know our backups on the d-line look horrible and the starters are getting old!
    Kimo is already old but do you think he can still play?

Molon labe

Mike Tomlin

Starter

User Info Menu

Kimo > Eason

Hell,some could even say...

Kimo > Keisel

Starter

User Info Menu

Not being able to start for Philly probably has more to do with them being a 4-3 than KVO not being capable of starting. IMO he would be as great pickup at this point, just rotate him into the lineup to keep guys fresh.

Another AS masterpiece.