Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sorry for the dumb question

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Sorry for the dumb question

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    its amazing to me that there are people that actually think ben is over rated
    Not just over rated. There are people out there that think he isn't even good.
    get outta here, how could anyone be that delusional?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelface
    39-16 as a starter
    I had the record at 44-19:

2004: 14-2
    Regular season: 13-1
    Playoffs: 1-1

2005: 13-3
    Regular season: 9-3
    Playoffs: 4-0

2006: 7-8
    Regular season: 7-8

2007: 10-6
    Regular season: 10-5
    Playoffs: 0-1

Total: 44-19

I could be wrong though...
    I think 39-16 is his regular season record as a starter. If you add 5-2 in the playoffs, that would give you 44-18. I think the only game you are off is the regular season loss you are giving him during his rookie season. He was 13-0 as a starter during the 04 regular season. They lost the first game he played in against the Ravens, but he did not start that game. Maddox started, and the Steelers were already losing by a decent amount when he got hurt if I recall correctly. I think I remember Ben bringing them back a bit to make it somewhat of a game, but it was not enough to pull out the victory. That loss goes to Maddox as the starter rather than Roethlisberger who replaced him in that game.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    39-16 as a starter

I think 39-16 is his regular season record as a starter. If you add 5-2 in the playoffs, that would give you 44-18. I think the only game you are off is the regular season loss you are giving him during his rookie season. He was 13-0 as a starter during the 04 regular season. They lost the first game he played in against the Ravens, but he did not start that game. Maddox started, and the Steelers were already losing by a decent amount when he got hurt if I recall correctly. I think I remember Ben bringing them back a bit to make it somewhat of a game, but it was not enough to pull out the victory. That loss goes to Maddox as the starter rather than Roethlisberger who replaced him in that game.
    that game was the best loss ever in i have seen. you could just see the potential ben had. i think he only made one mistake in that game, but i remember screaming my head off after the game as to why maddox started at qb to begain that year

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

39-16 as a starter

You're right, it should be 13-0 during the regular season. I updated the numbers...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think Ben's defining moment came yesterday, lol. I have a friend who is a Bengals fan and bashes the Steelers all the time and is a Palmer stroker. Anyway we play in a keeper fantasy football league where you can select a set number of players from your roster from last year and protect them on your roster for this year. I have Ben (and Holmes!) and me and my friend have been tossing trade offers back and forth. When he asked for Ben at one point, I jumped all over him. This comes from the same guy that used the game manager line and always talked about how he never threw the ball and how much better Palmer was. I quickly declined and told him he was a loser...ha. At least he recognizes the talent....FINALLY!
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

BIG FAN

39-16 as a starter

You're right, it should be 13-0 during the regular season. I updated the numbers...
    It ain't a dark side thing anymore, you know in your soul Jom, you are a Steelers fan.
    Enough. Come out out of that losing Jungle closet.