Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I like Anthony Smith...

Backup

User Info Menu

I like Anthony Smith...

I know he is getting torn apart right now..but I don't think the "I just decked my own player will happen again, at least for awhile. I don't agree with him trawling Hines, but you gotta admire the tenacity he has brought to the table. He just needs to use his head a little. I still believe this guy will be a solid S in this league!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: I like Anthony Smith...

I hope your right. He has shown some good things at times he just needs to put all together at the right time

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Backup

User Info Menu

I like him too. Alot really. When he was first drafted I was thinking he would be the next Donnie Shell. Hopefully, he can get it all together and keep it together.
    http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg141...erpics/sth.jpg

"Success Is Determined By Attitude."
    AS Rocks

Legend

User Info Menu

Like him or not the Steelers are going to need him this year to play his natural position of SS; I just don't see Polamalu playing more than 10 games this year.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Like him or not the Steelers are going to need him this year to play his natural position of SS; I just don't see Polamalu playing more than 10 games this year.

Pappy
    I think his best position is probably SS, and he has been playing out of position due to need purposes, but this kid has got to get his mind straight. These instances at practice have to come to a stop. Knowing when and where to be a physical player is an important attribute to have on the football field, let alone during practice with your own teammates that he seems to lay out on a weekly basis. Come on AS, getting it together, harness it, and you could be great!
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

BIG FAN

I am a still a little suspect of his mindset, maturity ect.
    But have to agree with Pappy about keeping him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon

Pappy
    god i hope your wrong but no way would i bet on it. troy is always hurt, im so sick of it. i was happy they signed him long term but every injury plagued season you have to wonder if he is really worth it

Legend

User Info Menu

If the Steelers D did not have Troy in '05 they do not, I repeat, do not go to the Super Bowl.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    If the Steelers D did not have Troy in '05 they do not, I repeat, do not go to the Super Bowl.
    no doubt. troy when healthy is the best safety in the game, but its rare for him to be healthy. its very frusterating

Legend

User Info Menu

I hope Smith becomes an All Pro because that is only better for the Steelers, but I won't hold my breath. I think we will continue to see Anthony Smith the enigma who teases us with the possibilities but ultimately will never be more than a 5th DB and special teams headhunter.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"