Thread: Steelers sign DE Huntley

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers sign DE Huntley

By Scott Brown
    TRIBUNE-REVIEW
    Tuesday, August 12, 2008
    [url="http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_582539.html"]http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 82539.html[/url]

The Steelers have signed defensive end Kevin Huntley and released rookie defensive tackle Kyle Clement.
    The 6-7, 270-pound Huntley, who was recently waived by the Redskins, has played parts of two NFL seasons.

He had 10 tackles and 2 1/2 sacks for the Raiders in six games in 2006. Playing in five games for the Falcons last season, the 26-year-old Huntley was credited with three tackles.

Clement, who signed with the Steelers as an undrafted free agent, had been out since spraining his knee Sunday.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Steelers sign DE Huntley

Interesting. Huntley seems kind of skinny by those measurements. (270??) Or is that just his listed weight and like Casey he is 40 lbs heavier.

We had heard that Clements was looking good in OTAs or am I getting him confused w/ someone else?
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Legend

User Info Menu

That sucks for the Clement that the knee sprain did him in. He seemed like a promising young prospect. Perhaps we could get him on the practice squad if the knee heals sufficiently. As for the new guy, 270 lbs. is 25-30 lbs too light for a 3-4 DE, plus since he is tall at 6'7" that weight is spread out over an awfully long frame. For comparison's sake, LaMarr Woodley's 265 lbs. is on only a 6'2" frame. You don't want a DE who is thinner than your OLB.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

He is #94 in these pictures. He looks more like 3-4 OLB.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Why in God's name would we sign this guy? There is no way he can play DE in our scheme. Shame about Clements, not only did we hear good things coming out of camp, but I thought he pushed the pocket well late in the game against Philly. Looks like it's McBean or bust for any new blood at the spot.

Backup

User Info Menu

He will be cut in the next 2 weeks. He might be there just to push another player????

Legend

User Info Menu

Costanza's post concerning the Huntley pick-up the main training camp news thread lists him at 290. Sizewise, that would put him somewhere between Brett Keisel and Calais Campbell (who some folks were pining for prior to the draft...I wasn't one of them, though...I was a Kendall Langford guy).

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Costanza's post concerning the Huntley pick-up the main training camp news thread lists him at 290. Sizewise, that would put him somewhere between Brett Keisel and Calais Campbell (who some folks were pining for prior to the draft...I wasn't one of them, though...I was a Kendall Langford guy).
    Okay, 290 is at least big enough to compete at the spot, but man he sure doesn't look it in those pictures. I wasn't a fan of Campbell either (I was pushing for Balmer) because it's awful hard to get leverage at 6-8. We'll see, but I still doubt Huntley makes the roster.

Backup

User Info Menu

I was a Langford guy. This Huntley is just a body I think. I was really hoping Clement would make it. Hopefully, he can make a speedy recovery from the knee sprain. I would like to see him back in the future if at all possible.
    http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg141...erpics/sth.jpg

"Success Is Determined By Attitude."
    AS Rocks