Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comments and Actions of Tomlin!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Comments and Actions of Tomlin!

I like the way he has handled himself with different situations during Training Camp this year.

The Casey Hampton situation was dealt with and dealt with quick. He made it a team issue on purpose to show that you have to be committed to the team concept and what it takes to be a professional, and he didn't care that it was a Pro Bowler. He didn't care if he offended anyone, he just did what was best for the team.

Then the situation with Anthony Smith (not that I want him here) and telling the media that he and the rest of the organization didn't care for their portrayal of his employee as a "thug". I thought that he showed his players that he is on their side and showed his side of being what most would call a "players coach".

I think these are the types of things that build team unity and show what a true leader stands for. Its hard to make the tough decisions sometimes but it has to be done for the betterment of the team and organization as a whole.

I think Coach Tomlin is going to continue to lineage that was built in the Steel City for the last 40 years. Bravo Coach, way to be a standup individual and leader!

<a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Comments and Actions of Tomlin!

I agree. He has shown many qualities of a fantastic leader this training camp!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We're only seeing the tip of the iceberg. I hope this guy will achieve the success that his predecessors had. He should.... I think he has more talent on this team than Cowher ever had and surely equal to what Noll had in certain positions. These are exciting days to come boys and girls.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    We're only seeing the tip of the iceberg. I hope this guy will achieve the success that his predecessors had. He should.... I think he has more talent on this team than Cowher ever had and surely equal to what Noll had in certain positions. These are exciting days to come boys and girls.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

As much as people wanna see doom and gloom with the Steelers the future is very bright! The skill positions are set pretty well for the forseeable future, now Colbert needs to solidify the the trenches next offseason and the team will be contenders well into the next decade!
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

BIG FAN

All excellent posts.
    Agree with all especially about solidifying our lines for the future.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

if only the fo knew how to hire coaches there are already noticable differences in tomlin from last year. it seems that he is really coming into his own. i guess you could say coach t is " a guy on the come"

Legend

User Info Menu

Tomlin I think is very much in the Cuck Noll mold. He is extremely smart and probably smarter than most of the people associated with football. What I really like is that he doesn't seem to care what the media thinks and I think that playing to the media was one of the most annoying things Cowher did towards the end of his tenure. It is almost like he wanted to be the star. I like the courteous disdain that Tomlin shows the annoying media.

I think Tomlin will have a great long tenue with the Steelers. I'll go on record predicting 2 Super Bowls.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Starter

User Info Menu

We're only seeing the tip of the iceberg.
    I agree- i think tomlin will continue to grow into the role, and develop a strong minded, focused team.

The key is going to be with play calling & game planing by assistants... because it does not appear that tomlin has any intentions of taking those duties over.

so- does Arians manage to make his scheme work this year???
    what happens when LeBeau retires??

these are the big question marks-

I think he has more talent on this team than Cowher ever had and surely equal to what Noll had in certain positions.
    i respectfully have to disagree with you on this-

the only position close, imo, is QB- Ben is a better all around qb, but these are different times, with different rules... also, and this is a big point, Bradshaw excelled in big games. When Ben begins to perform up to his abilities in big games, then i'll pass that torch.

These are exciting days to come boys and girls.
    We agree again!

2/3 is not bad

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

My sentiments have been expressed by you all already, but I would just like to reiterate how much I like Tomlin and how extremely confident I am in his leadership of the team. He definitely has the skills a leader should possess, and he seems to continue to earn the respect of his players with each passing day. All of these things are great, but lets just hope the "overpaid janitor" learns from his mistakes last year when it comes to in game management and adjustments.

BTW, I hated that dude's overpaid janitor sig on the other forum....who was it and did he come here? I'd like to hear his thoughts after year one.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285