Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Comments and Actions of Tomlin!

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Comments and Actions of Tomlin!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    My sentiments have been expressed by you all already, but I would just like to reiterate how much I like Tomlin and how extremely confident I am in his leadership of the team. He definitely has the skills a leader should possess, and he seems to continue to earn the respect of his players with each passing day. All of these things are great, but lets just hope the "overpaid janitor" learns from his mistakes last year when it comes to in game management and adjustments.

BTW, I hated that dude's overpaid janitor sig on the other forum....who was it and did he come here? I'd like to hear his thoughts after year one.
    It was one of the Lesion of Doom guys. I think maybe T Bradshaw. Good riddance.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    BTW, I hated that dude's overpaid janitor sig on the other forum....who was it and did he come here? I'd like to hear his thoughts after year one.
    I'm with you on that. Thought it was very unfair and borderline offensive. I hope the poster who had that sig isn't in positions to make important choices very often.

LasVegasGuy

Let's go out and beat a good team before we give Tomlin all sorts of accolades. He still can't get this team to perform when they need too. Don't let the division title fool you either we basically backed into it because the rest of the division sucked last year (even Cleveland).

WINS
    49ers
    Browns
    Bengals
    Ravens
    Seachickens
    Bills
    Dolphins
    Rams

LOSSES
    Jets
    Cardinals
    Ravens
    Patriots
    Jaguars
    Broncos

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I've liked Tomlin since I first heard him speak and I'm more impressed with him as time goes on. He seems to hold himself up to the same standards he holds his players to and doesn't shy away from taking blame for his actions that he considers wrong. When he was announced as having gotten the HC job they interviewed players that he had coached and to a man the responses were positive about him. That's why I was always so puzzled by the nay sayers. He had great references and they weren't willing to give the guy a chance.

I do have to disagree that this team is as talented as any team Noll or Cowher ever had. I think Cowher's 2004 team was more talented than this team is. While their skill players might come up just a bit short compared to this team the guys in the trenches were much better IMO. There is no comparison to Noll's teams of the 70's ... they rank with some of the best all time.

Personally I like Tomlin. He seems to be a blend of Noll's cerebral approach and Cowher's motivational approach. Has he made mistakes? I think if you ask him he will tell you yes. Will he make more mistakes? See previous answer. As long as they aren't the same mistakes and they don't occur frequently I don't have a problem with it.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy
    Let's go out and beat a good team before we give Tomlin all sorts of accolades. He still can't get this team to perform when they need too. Don't let the division title fool you either we basically backed into it because the rest of the division sucked last year (even Cleveland).

WINS
    49ers
    Browns
    Bengals
    Ravens
    Seachickens
    Bills
    Dolphins
    Rams

LOSSES
    Jets
    Cardinals
    Ravens
    Patriots
    Jaguars
    Broncos
    i agree some what with your point. they should of definetly beaten the jets and cards but the browns sucked last year? they were also 10-6. since when can a team go 10-6 and still suck? the giants were anything but impressive in the regular season too

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy

WINS
    49ers
    Browns
    Bengals
    Ravens
    Seachickens
    Bills
    Dolphins
    Rams

LOSSES
    Jets
    Cardinals
    Ravens
    Patriots
    Jaguars
    Broncos
    i agree some what with your point. they should of definetly beaten the jets and cards but the browns sucked last year? they were also 10-6. since when can a team go 10-6 and still suck? the giants were anything but impressive in the regular season too

C'mon we are talking about the Browns. As a fan of the Steelers we have no choice but to see the Browns for what they are. Yes, they might have snuck up on a few teams last year and caught them off guard to their 10-6 record but are they really any good? They had every chance to win the division last year and they just couldn't seal the deal. Instead they choked and we backed in. In that regards we may have (2) 10-6 teams that sucked.