Thread: Big Ben getting props on CHFF

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Big Ben getting props on CHFF

Not an article, but a forum topic from probably my favorite non-Steeler football site:

[url]http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=7963[/url]

Even the Patriots fans are acknowledging him!

Another thing I noticed were the comparisons to C Palmer. Word is that CP is no longer "elite", and that he tends to choke (basically what I've been saying). I know I said I wouldn't post there for the fall, but I'm seriously tempted to post this in the Bengals smack forum just to get a reaction.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Big Ben getting props on CHFF

Quote Originally Posted by SteelTorch
    Not an article, but a forum topic from probably my favorite non-Steeler football site:

[url]http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=7963[/url]

Even the Patriots fans are acknowledging him!

Another thing I noticed were the comparisons to C Palmer. Word is that CP is no longer "elite", and that he tends to choke (basically what I've been saying). I know I said I wouldn't post there for the fall, but I'm seriously tempted to post this in the Bengals smack forum just to get a reaction.
    Eh, message boards are all about people's opinions, so it won't go very far on the Bungles smack forum. That being said, I think it's clear that Ben is the better quarterback between him and Palmer.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I don't know about that. Bengals fans tend to be very protective of their QB, regardless of where the criticism comes from. It's bound to get at least a few angry responses.

I'm not getting into the whole "who's better" debate, but there's still a strong notion going on among many Bengals fans (and even a couple Steelers fans) tha Ben Roethlisberger is a game manager and Carson Palmer is "elite". I and many other people tend to disagree.

I just found this forum amusing because some are saying exactly what I've been saying.

Legend

User Info Menu

I got a chuckle out of the Packers fan who said Ben throws too many picks to be considered elite.

First off, Favre holds the interceptions record. Secondly, do the math and you'll see there's not much difference. Favre has 8,758 attempts and 288 picks. Ben has 1,436 attempts and 54 picks. I'm not much of a math person, but just by eyeballing it I can see the percentage isn't that much different.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelTorch
    I don't know about that. Bengals fans tend to be very protective of their QB, regardless of where the criticism comes from. It's bound to get at least a few angry responses.

I'm not getting into the whole "who's better" debate, but there's still a strong notion going on among many Bengals fans (and even a couple Steelers fans) tha Ben Roethlisberger is a game manager and Carson Palmer is "elite". I and many other people tend to disagree.

I just found this forum amusing because some are saying exactly what I've been saying.
    Oh no, I didn't mean that they wouln'd get their panties in a bunch, but that they will just dismiss it right away being only a message board. Right now, Ben Roethlisberger is the better QB.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    I got a chuckle out of the Packers fan who said Ben throws too many picks to be considered elite.

First off, Favre holds the interceptions record. Secondly, do the math and you'll see there's not much difference. Favre has 8,758 attempts and 288 picks. Ben has 1,436 attempts and 54 picks. I'm not much of a math person, but just by eyeballing it I can see the percentage isn't that much different.
    Ben has 54 picks in 55 starts. Carson has 63 picks in 61 starts.

Of Ben's picks, he had 23 picks in the season coming off the motorcycle accident, appendectomy, concusssion, etc. He's averaged about 10 INT's per year for the other 3 years.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Now there are some dissenters showing up!