Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guidance required...

Legend

User Info Menu

Guidance required...

Ok, what's better & why- the XBox 360 or PS3?

Looks like Chadman has talked Chadwoman into buying one....just need to make an informed choice...

What benefits are there to either or both??
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Guidance required...

xbox 360--better graphics and playability. Of course the PS3'rs will disagree.
    Trolls are people too.

Starter

User Info Menu

i am an Xbox'er and i would recommend that system, my only complaint was the system not being wireless ready right out of the box. (i think one of versions may have this ability) The exclusive games are also a reason, if you like FPS then Halo and Gears of War are top notch.

Starter

User Info Menu

PS3-equal graphics,great online play,and to top it off it has a built-in Blu Ray player.Oh yeah,it has a wireless internet hook-up,too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I would suggest PS3 to ya Chadman. Like Les said the graphics are just as good, the system is wireless and accessible from anywhere in the house! The blue ray technology is great, plus there are so many other features for its use. It can be a totally self contained home entertainment system. I use for music and storing pictures, all kinds of stuff. The online play is great, too! Plus, I think the best feature is the wireless internet connection. I have two PS3's here at the house and they are both on a seperate floor from the Router and I have no problems ever with my wireless connection or streaming capabilities. I for one like my purchases.

<a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Starter

User Info Menu

Rrrrr...my Wii that was $150 cheaper came ready out the box, and Microsoft wants to charge me a hunned dollars for the wireless adaptor. makes me mad
    I am a little envious about the blu-ray, but i am a cheap bastige and wouldnt buy any of them expensive arse dvd's anyway.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AkronSteel
    It can be a totally self contained home entertainment system. I use for music and storing pictures, all kinds of stuff.
    The 360 does that too. If you have a pc w/ Windows XP Media Center, you can use the 360 to access all the movies, music and photos you have on their, as well as storing them on your Xbox. Almost all newish dell laptops have Media Center installed, so you might already have the software.

On the other hand, Blue Ray DVDs on a 1080p HD TV look _rediculous_. Its almost mind blowing to watch a big ticket action flick... I dunno if Aliens or T2 ARE out yet... but if they are, buy them at the same time.

Both have downsides too. I have a buddy who has fried his 3rd Xbox now. They are also incredibly loud. Well, my first generation Xbox is anyway. Mine's been a hoss though, nary a problem. You can find the Xbox Live service pretty cheap if you look around. You'll see em for 15 to 20 bucks on EBay sometimes.

I don't know about PS3 reliability. I did have to wait 70 minutes for one to reboot after an update once.

I think what it really comes down to are these questions, in this order.

A) What games do you want to play? Some games are console specific. The big sports games are generally available on both, although sometimes they have different features. It might be good to browse a game store just to get an idea of what games are on what system.
    B) What do your friends own? I know the Xbox has some wicked online play (Gears of War, GTAIV, all the sports games). I'm sure the PS3 does too. If you get a PS3, you cannot play with anyone who has an Xbox and vice versa.

My .02... I'm sure I just branded myself as a geek...

Oh, and I think Wii's are awesome if you always have two or three folks to play with, in person.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RussBII
    Quote Originally Posted by AkronSteel
    It can be a totally self contained home entertainment system. I use for music and storing pictures, all kinds of stuff.
    The 360 does that too. If you have a pc w/ Windows XP Media Center, you can use the 360 to access all the movies, music and photos you have on the pc, as well as storing them on your Xbox. Almost all newish dell laptops have Media Center installed, so you might already have the software.

On the other hand, Blue Ray DVDs on a 1080p HD TV look _rediculous_. Its almost mind blowing to watch a big ticket action flick... I dunno if Aliens or T2 are out yet... but if they are, buy them at the same time as a PS3/Blu Ray player.

Both have downsides too. I have a buddy who has fried his 3rd Xbox now. They are also incredibly loud. Well, my first generation Xbox is anyway. Mine's been a hoss though, nary a problem. You can find the Xbox Live service pretty cheap if you look around. You'll see em for 15 to 20 bucks on EBay sometimes.

I don't know about PS3 reliability. I did have to wait 70 minutes for one to reboot after an update once.

I think what it really comes down to are these questions, in this order.

A) What games do you want to play? Some games are console specific. The big sports games are generally available on both, although sometimes they have different features. It might be good to browse a game store just to get an idea of what games are on what system.
    B) What do your friends own? I know the Xbox has some wicked online play (Gears of War, GTAIV, all the sports games). I'm sure the PS3 does too. If you get a PS3, you cannot play with anyone who has an Xbox and vice versa.

My .02... I'm sure I just branded myself as a geek...

Oh, and I think Wii's are awesome if you always have two or three folks to play with, in person.

Starter

User Info Menu

If you have a Wii (and wireless) check out the internet channel. $5 dollar download and you can surf the net on the flat screen from your couch.

Legend

User Info Menu

I have a Wii and a PS3, and I'm happy with both of them. I've never even played an XBox 360 (or even the original XBox for that matter) so I cannot comment intelligently about the relative merits of the PS3 vs. the XBox.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.