Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
Would you rather see the Steelers beat the team you live by or a division rival?

I live among Colt fans & I HATE THE COLTS. Once the Colts became a force in the NFL their fans became cocky and acted like life long supporters. The sight of Peyton Manning and the sound of his voice makes me ill. He talks like he has poop in his mouth.

The year the Steelers beat them in the playoffs I actually looked forward to going to work the next Monday.

Just curious to know what other members of the Nation think?

I have to completely second this. I live about an hour and a half north of Indianapolis, and I have to deal with these "fans" all year long. Actually, I take that back, first two of three games, they don't even know what time the Colts are playing. By seasons end, they bleed blue and white.

The year the Steelers won the super bowl, I went down to Indy for the Monday night game with my inlaws, who epitimize the type of Colts fans that I described above. I took a lot of crap from Colts fans, especially after that first plat from scrimmage when Harrison scored on the play-action. They kept saying "The Steelers were good in the 70's, our time is now." I almost got into a fight with one of the drunkards by saying, "To have a time, don't you have to win something of importance?" He got all fired up and acted as if he was coming after me, but it was one of those "hold me back, please" moments for him.

Look, I don't care of you are a casual fan, or a die hard, there's room for everyone. Just don't pass yourself off as a die-hard when you are out mowing the lawn for the first few games of the season and the first question you ask around the watercooler when your co-workers are talking about the game is "oh yea, who won?" They are as passive and fair-weathered as you get, and I love it, I mean love it, when we beat them.

We play the Bungles/Browns/Ravens twice a year, and as much as I hate losign to them, we get our chance at revenge every year. I'll take a win over the Colts and poster-boy peyton, the guy with skills galore but absolutely no intangibles, anyday.