Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Official news confirms Leftwich signed...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Official news confirms Leftwich signed...

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Quote Originally Posted by AkronSteel
    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Question: .... Will The game Thursday against Buffalo be on NFLN live?.....
    (I'll be out of town, so this could be important to me...)
    The game will be on at midnight, so not too bad! If you can stay up that late I guess. I will be going to the Buccos game that night and to watch REO Speedwagon, no jokes please, not my choice, LOL! So I will get home just in time for the game at midnight!
    Hey I love REO... Saw them w/ Styx here in Cincy... Just looking for an avenue to catch the game on Thur. ... Will be out of town on vacation and off the board... Midnight is a little late to take the kids to the bar (just kidding.... ). ... Gotta check if they will be carrying the game in some way (Steelers Bar in Myrtle...).
    Just a heads up! Murphy's Law Sports Bar, 405 S Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach. I caught the 06 Jags game from there, nice place but the night didn't go real well, hopefully you will bring better luck!
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

Batch will have surgery tomorrow that will keep him out a minimum six weeks.
    ??

I've heard 4-6... now, it's MINIMUM of 6? I guess that's why they needed to sign someone. I kept thinking "4 to 6 means, he could be back as early as just after week 1, as late as just after week 3... why are they looking for QBs?

I think we were missing something.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Leftwich signed a one-year, $605,000 deal. Because he signed for a minimum exception contract, the deal will only count $445,000 on the Steelers salary cap. Therefore, there should be no reason to cut him before week one and then sign him back so we don't guarantee the full year salary.

I think one of the problems with Culpepper is that he does not have an agent. He represents himself when it comes to contract negotiations, and it can be difficult when there is not an agent as a buffer between the team and the player in these cases. Daunte still sees himself as a legit NFL starter and expressed a desire to be able to compete for a starting job somewhere. When you have a young Pro Bowl QB with a Super Bowl ring on his finger (that you just signed to a $102 million dollar contract), dude should realize that is simply not an option.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

I also think the fact that Kenny Anderson was Leftwich's QB coach in Jacksonville for 3 years is HUGE in terms of help him assimilate into this offense.

Although Leftwich is about as mobile as the bronze tribute to the Chief in front of Heinz Field, I haven't heard him anything about losing any velocity on the cannon arm that helped make him the 7th overall pick in the draft only a year before Roethlisberger was taken 11th overall (and in the same draft that Carson Palmer was taken 1st overall and Kyle Boller was taken 19th overall).

He always was a guy who was a leader and well-liked by his teammates (remember his o-line carrying him downfield during a last minute drive when he played for Marshall?). He has the heart to be able to stand up to the heat he will inevitably face behind our o-line. Hopefully, he is smart enough to know when to just throw the ball away.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Leftwich signed a one-year, $605,000 deal. Because he signed for a minimum exception contract, the deal will only count $445,000 on the Steelers salary cap. Therefore, there should be no reason to cut him before week one and then sign him back so we don't guarantee the full year salary.

I think one of the problems with Culpepper is that he does not have an agent. He represents himself when it comes to contract negotiations, and it can be difficult when there is not an agent as a buffer between the team and the player in these cases. Daunte still sees himself as a legit NFL starter and expressed a desire to be able to compete for a starting job somewhere. When you have a young Pro Bowl QB with a Super Bowl ring on his finger (that you just signed to a $102 million dollar contract), dude should realize that is simply not an option.
    i really like the sign. leftwich is a good back up to have. i find it hard to believe any nfl team would want culpepper as a starting qb

Legend

User Info Menu

Can't wait to see him in action on Thursday. I wonder if he will be 2nd or 3rd string?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!