Thread: Braylon Edwards gets stiches in his foot.

Pro Bowler

Braylon Edwards gets stiches in his foot.

The stupidity never ends with Cleveland!!!

BRAYLON HOSPITALIZED WITH GASH IN FOOTPosted by Mike Florio on August 10, 2008, 3:30 p.m. EDT

Browns receiver Braylon Edwards, whose lunging one-handed touchdown reception on Thursday night seemed to provide confirmation that this year’s offensive output will be every bit as impressive as last season’s numbers, has been hospitalized with a gash in his foot, according to Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

Edwards was running lightly with other receivers during the special-teams portion of practice on Saturday. Edwards and Donte’ Stallworth were vying for the lead, and then they collided.

And since Edwards inexplicably wasn’t wearing shoes (and since Stallworth was), the free-agent acquisition’s cleats tore into the flesh of Edwards’ foot.

Teammate Joshua Cribbs wrapped a T-shirt around the foot to stop the bleeding. Edwards was carted off, and the wound was stitched at the hospital. Edwards remained there overnight, presumably for precautionary reasons.

One team official told Cabot that the injury isn’t believed to be serious. Still, Edwards likely won’t play until the stitches come out.

And while Cabot’s item doesn’t mention the “S” word, we’d be remiss not to point out the reality that the next question is whether Edwards will end up with a staph infection. The Browns have been ravaged by the supergerm over the past few years; Edwards picked up such an infection after cutting his arm during his rookie season. He missed two games.

Hall of Famer

Re: Braylon Edwards gets stiches in his foot.

And since Edwards inexplicably wasn’t wearing shoes (and since Stallworth was), the free-agent acquisition’s cleats tore into the flesh of Edwards’ foot.
    OK, this is just plain stupid (or, as Braylon would say, stoopid...)... Wear your shoes while you are at work. Period. .... What is he thinking?!... He's not in Kentucky!...

Pro Bowler

Despite being a Brown, Braylon seems likeable (for now). Not a high maintence type of guy that seems common with recievers. I hope he can recover. I always want to play teams while their at the best.

Pro Bowler

Well there goes Braylon for the year. Staph infection is just days away!

I hope that he will be okay, cuz I don't want to hear excuses from these fans around here after we kick their buddys on national TV in their own house in Week 2. I just want them to know that they are still not good enough!
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

BIG FAN

Quote Originally Posted by AkronSteel
    Well there goes Braylon for the year. Staph infection is just days away!

I hope that he will be okay, cuz I don't want to hear excuses from these fans around here after we kick their buddys on national TV in their own house in Week 2. I just want them to know that they are still not good enough!

However, you know they find some lame excuse anyway. They are after all the Stains.
    Love it when that fat coach of theirs alludes to our superiority in press conferences.
    Wonder what he will say this year. Hope we beat them so bad the big man cries.

Pro Bowler

Reminds me of the dude from Family Matters.....

He was placed in the hospital to load him up with antibiotics for MRSA...which is resistant staph that lives on everyones skin. Smart move to protect their prize WR. And that catch was very impressive. I want to beat the Browns at their best.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    He was placed in the hospital to load him up with antibiotics for MRSA...which is resistant staph that lives on everyones skin. Smart move to protect their prize WR. And that catch was very impressive. I want to beat the Browns at their best.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

SteelerSal1

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    OK, this is just plain stupid (or, as Braylon would say, stoopid...)... Wear your shoes while you are at work. Period. .... What is he thinking?!... He's not in Kentucky!...
    Why did you have to bash our state? Your ruining our image.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74

Reminds me of the dude from Family Matters.....

When I think of that guy, I think of the Die Hard role before the Family Matters role. Perhaps I just like John McClane more than Urkel.