Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: As a Steelers fan ...

Pro Bowler

Re: As a Steelers fan ...

To me, the Steelers are much more than the team. The fans and the unwaivering loyalty we show is second to none to any other team in the NFL. I live in the sticks in Indiana & there is a Steeler Bar that I go to on Sunday and cheers of "Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go" have, from time to time, been so loud that you'd swear you were back in Western PA. Also, I can't go a 3 days without seeing a Steeler license plate when driving around town.

For the majority of my 34 years of living, the Steelers have been successful. God forbid there comes a day when the Steelers become accustomed to losing year in and year out. If that ever happens, I hope that Steeler Nation can still exsist as a strong unit. Every year, when I go out to the sportsbar to watch the Steelers, I see fans of other teams that can be described as the current flavor of the NFL & it pi$$e$ me off.

There have been many times when Colts fans give me heck about my loyality to the Steelers. I ask them to prove their allegiance to the Colts and name 2 Colts offensive lineman. After they say Jeff Saturday, they look at me like a deer in headlights. I think it's funny as hell!!!

Since we have pretty much done everything else...YES!

Personally I just want to see the team compete not win one and then fall into the suck zone with no heart and spirit for decades...Of course Bengals fans and Browns fans can't relate to what I'm saying but just trust me, competing is a good thing and as far as a championship well just watch footage of our Superbowl parades to see to how that feels for us.

ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Starter

Above all, as a fan, I want to be PROUD of my team.

That means knowing they each gave it their all out on the field.

It means them not doing stupid crap and drawing penalites that cost the game.

It means having a stat that reads: 11-5 that doesn't mean "11 on probation
    and 5 doing time".

It means beating teams that are our hated conference rivals even if we
    don't make it to the big dance because we fans will still have bragging
    rights with that crowd.

It means being among other Steeler fans who both give and expect respect
    from each other.

It means class and consistency from the front office and ownership.

It means staying out of the news for whiney drama (TO, Favre, etc....)

It means winning, but it means having a good time too.

A SB win? As someone said...icing on the cake!
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...URES/NCFAN.jpg

"18 and D'OH!" ---headline on NFL.com 2/5/08

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

If the Steelers don't win the Super Bowl, the team sucks and the coach should be fired!!! (as well as the GM for drafting all those busts!).

Even when they do win the Super Bowl, at least half of the team still sucks.

Wait...this isn't the Trib board?

1.15 WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
    2.46 TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
    3.97c ILB Shayne Skov, Stanford
    4.118 CB Philip Gaines, Rice
    5.157 OT James Hurst, North Carolina
    5.173c RB Jerrick McKinnon, Georgia Southern
    6.192 CB Walt Aikens, Liberty
    6.215c DE Deandre Coleman, California
    7.230 NT Zack Kerr, Delaware

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    If the Steelers don't win the Super Bowl, the team sucks and the coach should be fired!!! (as well as the GM for drafting all those busts!).

Even when they do win the Super Bowl, at least half of the team still sucks.

Wait...this isn't the Trib board?

. . . . aaaaaaaand that would be the reason the only time i post on the trib board is for the Pirates. Look, I want to win a super bowl as much as the next guy, but I want a competitive team year in and year out, and for the most part, that's what we have here. If you want to win a super bowl, followed by six to 10 years of losing football, then go root for Tampa Bay. I want to be captivated until the last week of the season, and usually in the playoffs, and the Steelers do that at least 80 percent of the time. I want to win a super bowl, but it isn;t the be-all-end-all of my loyalty.

What is a SB victory if you cheat to get one? What is a SB victory if your squad frequent police line ups? What is a SB...if your team doesn't give back to the community? You are not only rooting for victory but a way of life. The Steelers represent hard work, dedication, sportsmanship, and heart. They represent the people of Pittsburgh and those that love the team and city.
    2014 NFL Draft
    1) ​Darqueze Dennard-DB MSU
    2) Jordan Matthews-WR Vandy
    3) Chris Borland-ILB Wisconsin
    4) Caraun Reid, DT Princeton
    5) De'Anthony Thomas-RB Oregon
    5b) Ryan Carrethers-NT Arkansas State
    6) Jeff Janis-WR Saginow Valley State
    6b) Seantrel Henderson, OT MIami
    7) Colt Lyerla -TE Oregon

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    What is a SB victory if you cheat to get one? What is a SB victory if your squad frequent police line ups? What is a SB...if your team doesn't give back to the community? You are not only rooting for victory but a way of life. The Steelers represent hard work, dedication, sportsmanship, and heart. They represent the people of Pittsburgh and those that love the team and city.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I agree with the majority of sentiments here, most notably NKy and NC.

I would like to add that I want our team to always be on the attack, and not tentative. The turtle ball style that Cowher stole from Marty used to drive me up the wall. I don't want us to be throwing on ever down with a 14 point lead, but you have to mix it up on offense a little bit to keep the D honest.

I hate playing not to lose as opposed to playing to win, and I'm a big supporter of going for it in situations most would prefer to punt.

So, along with all the things already mentioned, I hope for our team to be the aggressor in most situations and not let ourselves get out-physical-ed. I want our team to hit the hardest and make sure the opponents know who we are.

All that aside, staying competitive year to year is a must and the whole enchilada (SBs) are just an added bonus.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>