Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: Nice to see Parker on the Edge

  1. #21
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South West Indiana
    Posts
    2,091

    Re: Nice to see Parker on the Edge

    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Then I missed it...

    Personally, standing up for ones self is fine. At the same place and time.... To drag it on and come onto his thread (this one) trying to start it is simply childish. Get over it. ... I don't try to defend anyone, but I do want a place where I can read/post without folks jumping in and trying to start something personal for no good reason... I saw what you guys did over at TL last night, but I would like to think that shit won't go on here...
    Mix that with a certain amount of anonymity...and you have a recipe for head butting and drama.


  2. #22

    Re: Nice to see Parker on the Edge

    I discuss steeler issues. I never attack any one personally unless I'm attacked.
    I might disagree with someone for their sports opinions but that is part of the discussion.
    Instead of making a case and defending their postion, I often just get a personal
    attack back.

  3. #23

    Re: Nice to see Parker on the Edge

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smartmonies
    I discuss steeler issues. I never attack any one personally unless I'm attacked.
    I might disagree with someone for their sports opinions but that is part of the discussion.
    Instead of making a case and defending their postion, I often just get a personal
    attack back.
    Let me be frank...MSM you know your stuff...but you also display ALOT of arrogance. I'm sure this isn't new to you. That arrogance will breed alot of contempt and you are seeing a backlash from your own attitude. Take responsibility for your own tone...or suck it up. Generally, if it seems like you are getting alot of "attacks" it's likely because of the vibe you give. If you believe your opinion is correct...everyone else is wrong...then expect people to dislike you. I hope that wasn't too blunt.

  4. #24
    Hall of Famer Jooser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere On the Darkside...
    Posts
    3,891

    Re: Nice to see Parker on the Edge

    MSM, I wasn't here last night, and I am glad I missed it. I am not taking any sides in this stupid argument. I just want to talk football. I am not a sports reporter and I am not an ex-NFL player or coach or anything other than a die hard fan. I bleed black 'n gold as I am sure you do. My ONLY point is that if things get too heated and nasty, either take it to the Trib or just take a day off from here and cool your heels - and that's all. I wasn't trying to be a jerk and I apologize if I came off that way. I left the Trib and came here because it's a lot more football and less BS. There's some very knowledgeable folks here and I love reading the input, I only wish I could match some of the wit.

    But, more importantly, it was really nice to see FWP on the edge. I think we should take a look back a few years at the Chiefs and the way they exposed the outside with Priest Holmes. He didn't have the speed that Willie had, but was more elusive and harder to tackle. Still, it's hard to tackle what you can't catch and FWP has the jets to exploit that outside running.



    Love you all,
    the Jooser

  5. #25

    Re: Nice to see Parker on the Edge

    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smartmonies
    I discuss steeler issues. I never attack any one personally unless I'm attacked.
    I might disagree with someone for their sports opinions but that is part of the discussion.
    Instead of making a case and defending their postion, I often just get a personal
    attack back.
    Let me be frank...MSM you know your stuff...

    I appreciate the compliment.

    but you also display ALOT of arrogance. I'm sure this isn't new to you. That arrogance will breed alot of contempt and you are seeing a backlash from your own attitude. Take responsibility for your own tone...or suck it up. Generally, if it seems like you are getting alot of "attacks" it's likely because of the vibe you give. If you believe your opinion is correct...everyone else is wrong...then expect people to dislike you. I hope that wasn't too blunt.
    unfortunately it just appears that way because I have the same clan who attack me day after day. Just like they have from day 1. So your often catching me at one of those moments and it looks bad. But outside of that, I take everyone's opinion into consideration. I have a list of posters that I respect and often look to read.
    But I typically have a good idea on who gets it and who doesn't.

  6. #26

    Re: Nice to see Parker on the Edge

    [quote=Mr Smartmonies]
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Smartmonies":3ks1mxn6
    I discuss steeler issues. I never attack any one personally unless I'm attacked.
    I might disagree with someone for their sports opinions but that is part of the discussion.
    Instead of making a case and defending their postion, I often just get a personal
    attack back.
    Let me be frank...MSM you know your stuff...

    I appreciate the compliment.

    but you also display ALOT of arrogance. I'm sure this isn't new to you. That arrogance will breed alot of contempt and you are seeing a backlash from your own attitude. Take responsibility for your own tone...or suck it up. Generally, if it seems like you are getting alot of "attacks" it's likely because of the vibe you give. If you believe your opinion is correct...everyone else is wrong...then expect people to dislike you. I hope that wasn't too blunt.
    unfortunately it just appears that way because I have the same clan who attack me day after day. Just like they have from day 1. So your often catching me at one of those moments and it looks bad. But outside of that, I take everyone's opinion into consideration. I have a list of posters that I respect and often look to read.
    But I typically have a good idea on who gets it and who doesn't.[/quote:3ks1mxn6]

    Fair enough.

  7. #27

    Re: Nice to see Parker on the Edge

    Quote Originally Posted by Jooser
    [color=#FFBF00]MSM, I wasn't here last night, and I am glad I missed it. I am not taking any sides in this stupid argument. I just want to talk football. I am not a sports reporter and I am not an ex-NFL player or coach or anything other than a die hard fan. I bleed black 'n gold as I am sure you do. My ONLY point is that if things get too heated and nasty, either take it to the Trib or just take a day off from here and cool your heels - and that's all. I wasn't trying to be a jerk and I apologize if I came off that way. I left the Trib and came here because it's a lot more football and less BS. There's some very knowledgeable folks here and I love reading the input, I only wish I could match some of the wit.

    No need to apologize. I understand where your coming from.

    But, more importantly, it was really nice to see FWP on the edge. I think we should take a look back a few years at the Chiefs and the way they exposed the outside with Priest Holmes. He didn't have the speed that Willie had, but was more elusive and harder to tackle. Still, it's hard to tackle what you can't catch and FWP has the jets to exploit that outside running.
    Here is the problem. in 2006, the Steelers had a better center. Faneca was also a bit younger. They demanded the attention of the defense. Last year our center was more than awful. It took teams a few games to find out that they no longer needed to really concentrate up the middle. Their gameplans were to keep Willie to the inside. Arians didn't run willie a lot ot the outside, because teams quite frankly were just taking it away. Of course 2 nights ago you saw a vanilla defense. The only way Willie will get back to having a lot of outside opportunities is if the Center (and Kendall simmons who was awful last yr) become a force again inside. Teams take away your strenths and make you beat them with your weakness. In 2007, the steelersweakness on offense was up the middle. Teams forced the steelers to run there and Pitt couldn't beat em.

  8. #28
    Hall of Famer ikestops85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,303

    Re: Nice to see Parker on the Edge

    I was glad to see Willie look like the same old Willie. It didn't look like he has lost any speed and he was running hard as usual ... not that you would mistake him for a power back. I was a bit disappointed in Mendy as a possible power back. On one play up the middle he actually turned his back to the line of scrimmage. He did look good on the outside and he had a couple of nice cutbacks which shows he has good vision. Russell also didn't appear to run with the same pop he showed in pre-season last year. I hope he isn't returning to his lackadasical attitude he had after his great season with the gophers. I really like the guy and am a sucker for longshots.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

  9. #29

    Re: Nice to see Parker on the Edge

    I didn't see any one tackler bring him down.

  10. #30
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,755

    Re: Nice to see Parker on the Edge

    Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    I was glad to see Willie look like the same old Willie. It didn't look like he has lost any speed and he was running hard as usual ... not that you would mistake him for a power back. I was a bit disappointed in Mendy as a possible power back. On one play up the middle he actually turned his back to the line of scrimmage. He did look good on the outside and he had a couple of nice cutbacks which shows he has good vision. Russell also didn't appear to run with the same pop he showed in pre-season last year. I hope he isn't returning to his lackadasical attitude he had after his great season with the gophers. I really like the guy and am a sucker for longshots.
    i thought mendy looked great with the exception of a few short yardage runs. i was very impressed with him overall. he has excellent speed for his size. im sure he will learn how to run in goal line situations, im not worried

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •