Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Positives and Negatives-Who helped themselves and who didn't

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknblue80s
    Quote Originally Posted by Les 74
    He made Starks look like he belongs with the backups as well.
    Some would argue that he's already there(myself included.)
    They are supposedly competing for the RT spot but it appears Starks will end up being our backup at LT. He sucks at RT.
    Some of us said that last season. He looks better on the left. This shouldn't be a surprise he actually held his own when he started at LT.
    i have a really stupid question. how is it that a guy can play on the left side of the o-line but has more problems on the right at the same position? i dont get it, its not like it matters if a guy is right or left handed. i know the significance of protecting the qb's blind side, but it seems to me if you can play on one side than you should be able to play on the oter. btw i agree starks does look better at LT
    I think the OL coach gave a recent explanation...but he is a different player on the left. And the coaching staff has noticed.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Positives and Negatives-Who helped themselves and who didn't

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by Les 74
    He made Starks look like he belongs with the backups as well.
    Some would argue that he's already there(myself included.)
    They are supposedly competing for the RT spot but it appears Starks will end up being our backup at LT. He sucks at RT.
    Some of us said that last season. He looks better on the left. This shouldn't be a surprise he actually held his own when he started at LT.
    i have a really stupid question. how is it that a guy can play on the left side of the o-line but has more problems on the right at the same position? i dont get it, its not like it matters if a guy is right or left handed. i know the significance of protecting the qb's blind side, but it seems to me if you can play on one side than you should be able to play on the oter. btw i agree starks does look better at LT

The explanation I heard is that he is left hand plus that is where he played in college. If you have a dominant side of your body thinks, particularly reactions, are supposedly easier and quicker from a muscle memory standpoint. I also think that Max and his agent may also know that LT gets more money and Max may be a little more focused on showing well on that side. I agree whatever it is he plays much better over there.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"