Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: Positives and Negatives-Who helped themselves and who didn't

  1. #11
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,852

    Re: Positives and Negatives-Who helped themselves and who didn't

    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Russell gettin some love.

    I really don't know how they don't dress him on game day. Like I said to start this thread I don't think a single player brought him down the whole night. He had to be gannged tackled and still fell forward. I'll put him over Moore any game any time.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  2. #12
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Akron, OH
    Posts
    1,272

    Re: Positives and Negatives-Who helped themselves and who didn't

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Russell gettin some love.

    I really don't know how they don't dress him on game day. Like I said to start this thread I don't think a single player brought him down the whole night. He had to be gannged tackled and still fell forward. I'll put him over Moore any game any time.
    I think he is the best short yardage back that the team has. He runs with a low center of gravity and has real nice leg drive. I think that should be his role on the team.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

  3. #13
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    1,006

    Re: Positives and Negatives-Who helped themselves and who didn't

    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Russell gettin some love.

    What? All right!!! Bring it on, it's about damned time!

    Ooooh Gary Russell? Right right... Nevermind then.

    Uhhh I liked what little I saw of Mendy. And Timmons covers ground like a healthy Troy does.

  4. #14

    Re: Positives and Negatives-Who helped themselves and who didn't

    Quote Originally Posted by AkronSteel
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Russell gettin some love.

    I really don't know how they don't dress him on game day. Like I said to start this thread I don't think a single player brought him down the whole night. He had to be gannged tackled and still fell forward. I'll put him over Moore any game any time.
    I think he is the best short yardage back that the team has. He runs with a low center of gravity and has real nice leg drive. I think that should be his role on the team.
    He is hands down the best power back we have on the team. Give him some PT and watch him grow. Goaline Gary! That's the role I would like to see him fill this season.

  5. #15
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,755

    Re: Positives and Negatives-Who helped themselves and who didn't

    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by AkronSteel
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Russell gettin some love.

    I really don't know how they don't dress him on game day. Like I said to start this thread I don't think a single player brought him down the whole night. He had to be gannged tackled and still fell forward. I'll put him over Moore any game any time.
    I think he is the best short yardage back that the team has. He runs with a low center of gravity and has real nice leg drive. I think that should be his role on the team.
    He is hands down the best power back we have on the team. Give him some PT and watch him grow. Goaline Gary! That's the role I would like to see him fill this season.
    i was very impressed with russell. he was playing against back ups and scrubs but still, he looked very good and broke a lot of tackles. how bout that hit mendenhall took and got right back up, he is a strong guy

  6. #16
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cincitucky (Stinktown, U.S.A.)
    Posts
    4,036

    Re: Positives and Negatives-Who helped themselves and who didn't

    Mahan - got blown off the ball several times
    Hartwig - got blown off the ball a few times. But, he was playing against backups. On, one play he pulled and sealed pretty well.
    Hills - looks lost and slow footed. His kickslide needs serious work.
    Drummond - This guy is going to make the team. I don't like that we have to give a roster spot to a full time special teamer, but he is likely the best returner we have right now.
    Dixon - I want to keep him on the actice roster. If not, some crappy team will poach him later in the season from our PS. He has too much talent. Unfortunately, he showed little poise on Friday. Hopefully, he'll stay in the pocket in the next game and not dance as much when pressured.
    Russell - I like him, but I don't love him (yet). He did run hard and broke many tackles. I need to see more. I agree that he is the best short yardage guy we have now (I'm not sure that is saying much since Mendenhall really hasn't got aclimated and Parker and Moore are just not built for that sort of thing), but I don't see how he'll be activated on game day as Moore looks like the coach's choice for 3rd down back. We won't have 4 tailbacks for gameday.
    Travis Williams - I like his game. He made one boneheaded play, but other than that he looked like he could give Gay a run for his money and may develop into a nickel back.
    Reffert, Prince, Clement, McBean, Paxson, and other young DLinemen - Looked okay, but they'll need to do a lot more to unseat Eason or Kirschke. I was really hoping that one would be a preseason star and we could add some youth to this unit. We'll see.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

  7. #17
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,755

    Re: Positives and Negatives-Who helped themselves and who didn't

    i thought hartwig looked a lot better than mahan and i also thought stapleton played pretty well. the starting o-line did a good job i thought

  8. #18
    Hall of Famer ikestops85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,302

    Re: Positives and Negatives-Who helped themselves and who didn't

    The starting offensive line was a pleasant surprise with their run blocking. We didn't throw many passes so it is hard to evaluate them in that facet of the game but they weren't horrible so that is good. Hills didn't look very good at all but what was worse is that Starks looked completely lost ... against the backups. It still boggles my mind that we paid this guy 7 million.

    I thought Timmons showed why he was a first rounder and is not going to be the bust that some were predicting. He was like a guided missile on that pass play to Buckhalter near the goal line.

    It looked like Ben and Santonio are developing some great chemistry. Santonio looked awesome on the touchdown.

    I was disappointed in the play of the first string defense. I know we were playing vanilla but we didn't get consistent pressure on McNabb and he picked our secondary apart ... which seems to happen when we sit back in zone and the QB has time. I'd really like to see us go to more press coverage, especially in the pre-season, to see how well our corners can play it.

    Mendy showed quickness and vision but not the power that I was expecting ... even turning his back to the line of scrimmage on one play.

    To me Keyaron Fox was the surprise player of the game. He is going to provide some valuable depth at LB and should be a big contributor to the special teams.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

  9. #19

    Re: Positives and Negatives-Who helped themselves and who didn't

    I dunno if anyone else saw it, but i definitely saw Hills get a nice pancake block when he was crashing down. I'm not sure if it was a DE or an OLB lined up outside the DE.

  10. #20
    Hall of Famer ikestops85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,302

    Re: Positives and Negatives-Who helped themselves and who didn't

    Quote Originally Posted by steelernation77
    I dunno if anyone else saw it, but i definitely saw Hills get a nice pancake block when he was crashing down. I'm not sure if it was a DE or an OLB lined up outside the DE.
    I certainly missed it ... but that's great. It makes me feel a little better about the pick.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •