Thread: What is up with McFadden?

Pro Bowler

What is up with McFadden?

Why is he playing behind Madison, Lewis? Why is he not playing until late in the 2nd half? Is he in Tomlin's doghouse? What is the story with this?
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Re: What is up with McFadden?

Maybe...he just wants to see those guys against better talent?

Ehh...not sure...but I don't think it means much. If I recall...(Last season) I don't think Holmes started in several preseason games and got very little looks. I remember it disturbing me. But, ultimately it meant nothing.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    he just wants to see those guys against better talent?
    IMO, this is exactly that..... You get strange match-ups in the preseason when they are looking at the other players....

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Maybe...he just wants to see those guys against better talent?

Ehh...not sure...but I don't think it means much. If I recall...(Last season) I don't think Holmes started in several preseason games and got very little looks. I remember it disturbing me. But, ultimately it meant nothing.
    I agree Shawn. The coach already knows what he has in BMac. However, one of these other guys could make the team. He has to see what they can do against NFL talent, instead of just guys who will be working at Wal Mart in 4 weeks.

Agreed. We know, and I'm sure Tomlin knows, what Bmac is capable of. I think the staff is just seeing what his combatants at the position has to offer.