Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Merchandise sales up now?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Merchandise sales up now?

OK guys, as usual, I purchased some MORE Steeler merchandise items today (I need it like a hole in the head... )... But I got these items about an hour ago...

But my question is this: Do you all purchase more stuff at the start of the season? Does it affect sales when the season starts? And just HOW much greater are the sales this time of year?... Anyone have a clue?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Merchandise sales up now?

Every year before the season starts I buy the whole family a jersey (3 boys, Father, and wife) and get myself a polo like you have on display and a hat. Later on I always buy a new Steelers jacket, I have so many of them now my wife is ready to kill me. I don't know what the stats are for merchandise sales though...I'm sure the NFL keeps them but doesn't release them that detailed.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    Later on I always buy a new Steelers jacket.
    I've been thinking about getting the leather 5-time SB champ jacket... But as you said, I have so much stuff that I don't wear half of it now....

I will say that I love the "Steeler baseball jersey" (and it's on sale right now for around 30% off)....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm about to purchase more junk. Jerseys and shirts as usual.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    I'm about to purchase more junk. Jerseys and shirts as usual.
    I really don't understand how you guys buy multiple jerseys... I have four, but only wear one at a time... I found that the baseball jersey and regular shirts get alot more wear... Do you wear them often outside of gamedays? Just curious.....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I search for deals year round on Ebay. Got a Mendenhall home jersey on Ebay last weekend for $50. The seller also had Sweed available. It took me about 5 hours to decide on which one to buy.

If anyone is interested PM and I'll get the sellers info to you. He has alot of jerseys available (not just Steelers)

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    I search for deals year round on Ebay. Got a Mendenhall home jersey on Ebay last weekend for $50.
    Authentic or replica.... (I know, stupid question considering the price...)

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    I search for deals year round on Ebay. Got a Mendenhall home jersey on Ebay last weekend for $50.

Not a stupid question at all!! It's authentic. You can find some great deals on e-bay. I got an authentic Polamalu away & Roethlisberger throwback jersey last year. I paid around $50 per jersey.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler

Not a stupid question at all!! It's authentic. You can find some great deals on e-bay. I got an authentic Polamalu away & Roethlisberger throwback jersey last year. I paid around $50 per jersey.

Thanks for keeping my homeland brethren fed with your sweatshop contributions.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    Thanks for keeping my homeland brethren fed with your sweatshop contributions.
    What are you doing posting on another thread (from the gameday thread) during the game?....

....Oops.... .............