Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Flacco: looked like Crappo!

Hall of Famer

Re: Joe Flacco: looked like crap

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    When Tyler Freakin' Palko beats you out at Pitt, and rather than continue to compete with him for playing time, you decide to transfer to a lower level of competion, that's a red flag right there.
    My thoughts exactly...

Besides... Flacco, the Ravens, and "looking like crap" are pretty much synonymous.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ANPSTEEL
    When Tyler Freakin' Palko beats you out at Pitt, and rather than continue to compete with him for playing time, you decide to transfer to a lower level of competion, that's a red flag right there.

actually, living in ravens territory- and having to listen to all their goofy fans, all the time...i hope he turns out to be just good enough to get their hopes up... yet bad enough that he never develops into much.

ideally, he is another kyle boeller.
    That's what I would hope for too, but I still think he's going to be pretty good.

Pro Bowler

Not that this can be used as a measuring stick for how Flacco will turn out, but does anyone remember how Big Ben did in his 1st appearance?

Ben and Flacco have many similairites comming out of college. Both big & stong, went to small schools.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    Not that this can be used as a measuring stick for how Flacco will turn out, but does anyone remember how Big Ben did in his 1st appearance?

Ben and Flacco have many similairites comming out of college. Both big & stong, went to small schools.
    Ben went 8 for 13 for 84 yards and a TD (to Randle El) and no INT's against the Lions in his preseasion debut.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74

Ben went 8 for 13 for 84 yards and a TD (to Randle El) and no INT's against the Lions in his preseasion debut.
    Thanks!!!

Mark my words Troy Smith is 10 times the QB as Flacco. Troy Smith will be the Ravens starter...unfortunately.

Hogerules33

Whooaaaa ease up on the Palko bashing

Palko was the incumbent starter, and had seniority over Flacco. There was no QB competition between the two, as Flacco was an underclassmen. The QB Palko beat in a competition was Luke Getsy, who transferred to Akron.

The reason Flacco transferred was because he basically would of only had 1 year as a starter once Palko left.

BTW Tyler 'freakin' Palko was pretty solid in his pre-season game lastnight, 6-13 with a TD and no INT's. He will make the Saints team this year if they decide to keep 3 QB's, trust me there.

Flacco was not near the prospect Ben was. Ben was a legit top 10 talent, Flacco was considered a second rounder. The Ravens reached for him because they were desperate.

Also, there's a big difference between a mid-major D-1 like Miami (OH) and D-1AA.

Quote Originally Posted by steelernation77
    Flacco was not near the prospect Ben was. Ben was a legit top 10 talent, Flacco was considered a second rounder. The Ravens reached for him because they were desperate.

Also, there's a big difference between a mid-major D-1 like Miami (OH) and D-1AA.
    Yea...not even a close comparison.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by steelernation77

Fair counter-point. However, they both have the same stature, come from colleges not known for sending players to the NFL, & can evade the pass rush.

These are just some similiarities that stick out. By no means do I think Flacco will go 15-1 this year and win a Super Bowl next year. I do think he has a shot of being a good QB