Thread: Please keep in mind

Legend

Please keep in mind

pre-season football is for evaluating talent not winning games.

Thank you.

Hall of Famer

Re: Please keep in mind

Hey, thanx for the news!.......................... (j/k, man.... I really do agree with you completely. )

...Actually, the Super Bowl years (including the loss in '95) were not indicative whatsoever of postseason performance... Maybe that means they were "evaluating talent"...

Year.....Pre-season record
    1974.... 6-0
    1975.... 3-4
    1978.... 2-2
    1979.... 3-1
    1995.... 1-3
    2005.... 3-1

VirgilBosett

I love pre season games....especially when all the starters come out. Bring in those hungry bastages, and let them play for their existance.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d

Thank you.

That's right. The Colts are 2-12 in their last 14 preseason games.

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d

Thank you.
    Thank You ... :P

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Pro Bowler

I know you're right, but I HATE seeing the Steelers lose whether its pre-season or meaningless games at the end of the season when we have the division wrapped up.

Legend

So if Timmons doesn't have 10 sacks tonite and I go to the Trib board and read he is a bust I should ignore that? Right?

Then again even if he did have 10 sacks and we won by 30 points on the Trib board: "Timmons would be a bust," "Arians would suck" and "Tomlin would be an overpaid janitor."

I want to see rookies and second year players tonite. Don't really care about the vets. That is what is fun about pre-season--young kids gets a shot at their dreams.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    So if Timmons doesn't have 10 sacks tonite and I go to the Trib board and read he is a bust I should ignore that? Right?

Then again even if he did have 10 sacks and we won by 30 points on the Trib board: "Timmons would be a bust," "Arians would suck" and "Tomlin would be an overpaid janitor."

I want to see rookies and second year players tonite. Don't really care about the vets. That is what is fun about pre-season--young kids gets a shot at their dreams.
    i was on the trib board earlier- i am sure i saw a... "who sucks more, timmons or 43?" thread /jk

actually, one thing is certain... by tomorrow morning...

there will be at least two threads about:
    Mahan and Starks- both sucking.

and 43 will be there to tell everyone how he knew 15 years ago, that mahan couldn't play center... and never should have been signed.

i am absolutely geeked to see-
    -timmons on passing downs
    -mendenhall whenever

slightly less excited to see
    -sweed
    -dixon

i'd add woodley, but i dont think they are going to let him loose in the first pre-season game.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ANPSTEEL
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo

i was on the trib board earlier- i am sure i saw a... "who sucks more, timmons or 43?" thread /jk

actually, one thing is certain... by tomorrow morning...

there will be at least two threads about:
    Mahan and Starks- both sucking.

and 43 will be there to tell everyone how he knew 15 years ago, that mahan couldn't play center... and never should have been signed.

i am absolutely geeked to see-
    -timmons on passing downs
    -mendenhall whenever

slightly less excited to see
    -sweed
    -dixon

i'd add woodley, but i dont think they are going to let him loose in the first pre-season game.
    I'm still hoping for a young surprise on the DL. If that happened I'd feel much better about the season.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!