Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Please keep in mind

  1. #1
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,215

    Please keep in mind

    pre-season football is for evaluating talent not winning games.

    Thank you.

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,111

    Re: Please keep in mind

    Hey, thanx for the news!.......................... (j/k, man.... I really do agree with you completely. )

    ...Actually, the Super Bowl years (including the loss in '95) were not indicative whatsoever of postseason performance... Maybe that means they were "evaluating talent"...

    Year.....Pre-season record
    1974.... 6-0
    1975.... 3-4
    1978.... 2-2
    1979.... 3-1
    1995.... 1-3
    2005.... 3-1

  3. #3
    VirgilBosett
    Guest

    Re: Please keep in mind

    I love pre season games....especially when all the starters come out. Bring in those hungry bastages, and let them play for their existance.

  4. #4
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South West Indiana
    Posts
    2,091

    Re: Please keep in mind

    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    pre-season football is for evaluating talent not winning games.

    Thank you.

    That's right. The Colts are 2-12 in their last 14 preseason games.

  5. #5
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    8,541

    Re: Please keep in mind

    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    pre-season football is for evaluating talent not winning games.

    Thank you.
    Thank You ... :P

    Pappy


    1.25) Artie Burns - CB, Miami (Mackensie Aleander)
    2.58 ) Sean Davis - S/CB, Maryland (Deion Jones)
    3.89) Javon Hargrave - DT, S. Carolina St. (Nick Vannett)
    4.123) Jerald Hawkins - OT, LSU (Deandre Houston-Carson)
    6.220) Travis Feeny - OLB, Wash (Darius Jackson)
    7.227) Demarcus Ayers - WR, Hou (Graham Glasgow)
    7.246) Tyler Matakevich - OLB, Temple (Travis Feeney)


    The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

  6. #6
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,773

    Re: Please keep in mind

    I know you're right, but I HATE seeing the Steelers lose whether its pre-season or meaningless games at the end of the season when we have the division wrapped up.

  7. #7
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15,852

    Re: Please keep in mind

    So if Timmons doesn't have 10 sacks tonite and I go to the Trib board and read he is a bust I should ignore that? Right?

    Then again even if he did have 10 sacks and we won by 30 points on the Trib board: "Timmons would be a bust," "Arians would suck" and "Tomlin would be an overpaid janitor."

    I want to see rookies and second year players tonite. Don't really care about the vets. That is what is fun about pre-season--young kids gets a shot at their dreams.

  8. #8
    Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    888

    Re: Please keep in mind

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    So if Timmons doesn't have 10 sacks tonite and I go to the Trib board and read he is a bust I should ignore that? Right?

    Then again even if he did have 10 sacks and we won by 30 points on the Trib board: "Timmons would be a bust," "Arians would suck" and "Tomlin would be an overpaid janitor."

    I want to see rookies and second year players tonite. Don't really care about the vets. That is what is fun about pre-season--young kids gets a shot at their dreams.
    i was on the trib board earlier- i am sure i saw a... "who sucks more, timmons or 43?" thread /jk

    actually, one thing is certain... by tomorrow morning...

    there will be at least two threads about:
    Mahan and Starks- both sucking.

    and 43 will be there to tell everyone how he knew 15 years ago, that mahan couldn't play center... and never should have been signed.


    i am absolutely geeked to see-
    -timmons on passing downs
    -mendenhall whenever

    slightly less excited to see
    -sweed
    -dixon

    i'd add woodley, but i dont think they are going to let him loose in the first pre-season game.

  9. #9
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15,852

    Re: Please keep in mind

    Quote Originally Posted by ANPSTEEL
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    So if Timmons doesn't have 10 sacks tonite and I go to the Trib board and read he is a bust I should ignore that? Right?

    Then again even if he did have 10 sacks and we won by 30 points on the Trib board: "Timmons would be a bust," "Arians would suck" and "Tomlin would be an overpaid janitor."

    I want to see rookies and second year players tonite. Don't really care about the vets. That is what is fun about pre-season--young kids gets a shot at their dreams.
    i was on the trib board earlier- i am sure i saw a... "who sucks more, timmons or 43?" thread /jk

    actually, one thing is certain... by tomorrow morning...

    there will be at least two threads about:
    Mahan and Starks- both sucking.

    and 43 will be there to tell everyone how he knew 15 years ago, that mahan couldn't play center... and never should have been signed.


    i am absolutely geeked to see-
    -timmons on passing downs
    -mendenhall whenever

    slightly less excited to see
    -sweed
    -dixon

    i'd add woodley, but i dont think they are going to let him loose in the first pre-season game.
    I'm still hoping for a young surprise on the DL. If that happened I'd feel much better about the season.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •