Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Board opinion requested

Hall of Famer

Re: Board opinion requested

Quote Originally Posted by AkronSteel
    For someone like me I hate not being able to see the presser at noon, I just don't understand the concept of blacking it out! I can almost understand the preseasons games b/c of markets and all the stuff but the press conference? What is the sense in that?

...I hate it as well... Hell, I know what is basically said before I see it for myself in the evening... There is NO "sense" to it, other than "big brother NFL" being an idiot and costing the fans....

Steely76

Why anyone would want to waste their time watching a Tomlin press conference is beyond me. That guy is as dry and boring as it gets plus he's the king of cliches. At least Cowher was interesting now and then either blowing up on a reporter or occasionally being funny.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Steely76
    Why anyone would want to waste their time watching a Tomlin press conference is beyond me. That guy is as dry and boring as it gets plus he's the king of cliches. At least Cowher was interesting now and then either blowing up on a reporter or occasionally being funny.
    ... Sorry, but I do enjoy it... And BTW, Cowher was "dry" and as "Vinella" as they get when he was a newbie. It took a few years before he "lightened-up" during his Tuesday schpeel....

Steely76

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely76
    ... Sorry, but I do enjoy it... And BTW, Cowher was "dry" and as "Vinella" as they get when he was a newbie. It took a few years before he "lightened-up" during his Tuesday schpeel....
    To each his own I guess. I'd rather watch paint dry.

Backup

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    Guy I've been thinking about adding the Fox sport package to my Directv with the Pittsburgh Channel. Do you guys think the channel is worth it for Steelers news? Please share you opinion. The cost of adding the package is like $9/month for me which won't break me but I absolutely hate waste. I don't to get it and find that I never watch it. I don't have any interest in baseball only the Steelers so help me out.

I have it and love it, especially this time of year when camp starts not to mention Savran, Post game and Tomlin's press conferences during the season. After the season is over I cancel it until camp draws near then reorder it... Well worth the ten bucks IMO.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    As stated, if there are Pirate or Pens games on FSN you don't get anything. So essentially you are getting an hour of Sportsbeat with Stan Savran or whoever. Not worth it IMO.
    It depends on your location. I just checked it, and because of where I live, black out
    terms don't apply. So in Costanza's case, it may not be worth it. But then again, if
    you just order it for the season Costanza, it my be worth it to have, then cancel.
    They must have wierd rules then because I get nothing here in Orlando. I only get Penquin games because I do NHL Center Ice. I called once and the nice lady at Direct TV told me that no one outside of the designated Pittsburgh area can get these unless they buy the packages. Maybe Orlando is just the wrong place.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!