Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Board opinion requested

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer costanza2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,571

    Board opinion requested

    Guy I've been thinking about adding the Fox sport package to my Directv with the Pittsburgh Channel. Do you guys think the channel is worth it for Steelers news? Please share you opinion. The cost of adding the package is like $9/month for me which won't break me but I absolutely hate waste. I don't to get it and find that I never watch it. I don't have any interest in baseball only the Steelers so help me out.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

  2. #2
    Pro Bowler Jigawatts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Around The Way, OH
    Posts
    2,447

    Re: Board opinion requested

    It cost $12 a month for me and it is worth it for all the extra channels you get in addition
    to FSN Pittsburgh. You could always just order it for the season and then cancel.

    I did this over a year ago when I tore up my knee and had to take off work for a few
    months. Since I was able to stay up late and watch the Pens, I ordered it just for a
    few months and then canceled when the season was over.

    I'd like to order the package again and keep it permanently, but don't have time
    for it to make it worthwhile.

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer costanza2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,571

    Re: Board opinion requested

    Thanks for the opinion, jiga...
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,755

    Re: Board opinion requested

    Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    Guy I've been thinking about adding the Fox sport package to my Directv with the Pittsburgh Channel. Do you guys think the channel is worth it for Steelers news? Please share you opinion. The cost of adding the package is like $9/month for me which won't break me but I absolutely hate waste. I don't to get it and find that I never watch it. I don't have any interest in baseball only the Steelers so help me out.
    there is a fox sports package you can get on directv?

  5. #5
    Pro Bowler Jigawatts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Around The Way, OH
    Posts
    2,447

    Re: Board opinion requested

    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    Guy I've been thinking about adding the Fox sport package to my Directv with the Pittsburgh Channel. Do you guys think the channel is worth it for Steelers news? Please share you opinion. The cost of adding the package is like $9/month for me which won't break me but I absolutely hate waste. I don't to get it and find that I never watch it. I don't have any interest in baseball only the Steelers so help me out.
    there is a fox sports package you can get on directv?
    http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/packProg/ ... 3187491879

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,113

    Re: Board opinion requested

    stanz, I get it for football season, then cancel during the off-season. Been doing it for several years that way... It cost me $12 also... If you find that you don't watch it enough, you only have to have it for 1 month before canning it... But I do think it's worth it, and the additional channels carry quite a few college games that aren't on other networks... But be advised, the weekly PCs' are not broadcast live due to blackout rules. They are re-aired in thier entirety on Savran on Sportsbeat that evening. Also, the local Pens/Pirates games are also blacked out outside of the 'burgh... All in all, I do recommend it...

  7. #7
    Pro Bowler Jigawatts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Around The Way, OH
    Posts
    2,447

    Re: Board opinion requested

    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    They are re-aired in thier entirety on Savran on Sportsbeat that evening. Also, the local Pens/Pirates games are also blacked out... All in all, I do recommend it...
    That's weird they black out the Pens/Pirates for you. The Blue Jackets are considered
    my local team on FSN Ohio, but they never black out the Pens if the two are playing at
    the same time.


    Maybe because FSN Pittsburgh is considered my extended area???

  8. #8
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,462

    Re: Board opinion requested

    As stated, if there are Pirate or Pens games on FSN you don't get anything. So essentially you are getting an hour of Sportsbeat with Stan Savran or whoever. Not worth it IMO.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  9. #9
    Pro Bowler Jigawatts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Around The Way, OH
    Posts
    2,447

    Re: Board opinion requested

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    As stated, if there are Pirate or Pens games on FSN you don't get anything. So essentially you are getting an hour of Sportsbeat with Stan Savran or whoever. Not worth it IMO.
    It depends on your location. I just checked it, and because of where I live, black out
    terms don't apply. So in Costanza's case, it may not be worth it. But then again, if
    you just order it for the season Costanza, it my be worth it to have, then cancel.

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,755

    Re: Board opinion requested

    Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    Guy I've been thinking about adding the Fox sport package to my Directv with the Pittsburgh Channel. Do you guys think the channel is worth it for Steelers news? Please share you opinion. The cost of adding the package is like $9/month for me which won't break me but I absolutely hate waste. I don't to get it and find that I never watch it. I don't have any interest in baseball only the Steelers so help me out.
    there is a fox sports package you can get on directv?
    http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/packProg/ ... 3187491879
    thanks i appreciate it. is this a new package? im going to rip someones head off, i inquired about getting fsn pitt when i signed up prior to last season and i was told i would have to get the most expensive package they had which had all the movie channels in order to get fsn. poor customer service

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •