Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who are you most interested in seeing Friday night

Legend

User Info Menu

Who are you most interested in seeing Friday night

It is only exhibition, but which young players are you most interested in seeing. For me it is:

Offense:
    Russell and Mendenhall

Defense:
    Bruce Davis, Martavius Prince and Kyle Clement

I would really like to see Prince and Clement force some hard decisions on the DL
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Who are you most interested in seeing Friday night

Definitely Medenhall. I want to see what Timmons looks like at inside LB as well. But all in all, I am excited to see any of the newbies.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

definetly sweed mendenhall and kemo on offense

defense william gay, ryan clark, timmons and woodley

st's anyone thats returning punts and kicks and of course ernster

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    It is only exhibition, but which young players are you most interested in seeing. For me it is:

Offense:
    Russell and Mendenhall

Defense:

I would really like to see Prince and Clement force some hard decisions on the DL
    I'd like to see the offensive line play more than a series to get some work. The only real decision here is will Hills make the team or not. I want to see this unit play to see what Ben can expect this year. The Steeler's season hinges completely on how well this unit plays week in and week out.

I think they are average, but, if they can be anything above average the Steelers will be successful, IMHO.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon

Offense:
    Russell and Mendenhall

Defense:

I'd like to see the offensive line play more than a series to get some work. The only real decision here is will Hills make the team or not. I want to see this unit play to see what Ben can expect this year. The Steeler's season hinges completely on how well this unit plays week in and week out.

I think they are average, but, if they can anything above average the Steelers will be successful, IMHO.

Pappy
    i would love it if the o-line was average this year. i think if they are just average than thats good enough. they were horrid last year and they still won the north and should of won a playoff game

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

How much time do you think Mendenhall and Sweed will see? I guess either way we'll be seeing plenty of Gary Russell which is fine by me.

I'm anxious to see Mendenhall and Sweed

Timmons and Woodley.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I really want to see our starters, just because it's been so long since we've seen them in action. Knowing that most will only have a series or two, I'm also eager to check out Mendenhall and Sweed on offense as well as Timmons, Davis and McBean on the defense. I'm also curious as to what this new punter looks like.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1

Offense:
    Russell and Mendenhall

Defense:

I think they are average, but, if they can anything above average the Steelers will be successful, IMHO.

Pappy
    i would love it if the o-line was average this year. i think if they are just average than thats good enough. they were horrid last year and they still won the north and should of won a playoff game
    I have a hard time calling them horrid, FWP was leading the league and Ben had his best season ever and, regardless, of how good Ben is at escaping and making plays you won't have your best season behind a horrid line. I'm sticking with an average Oline, a great quarterback and a very good running back, that's my story and I'm staying with it. If they (O-line) can just be consistent it will be an upgrade and Ben/FWP/Holmes can handle the rest.

Pappy

7.178 -
    7.195 -

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Offense:
    Russell and Mendenhall

Defense:

Pappy
    I have a hard time calling them horrid, FWP was leading the league and Ben had his best season ever and, regardless, of how good Ben is at escaping and making plays you won't have your best season behind a horrid line. I'm sticking with an average Oline, a great quarterback and a very good running back, that's my story and I'm staying with it. If they (O-line) can just be consistent it will be an upgrade and Ben/FWP/Holmes can handle the rest.

Pappy
    thats true, i guess im just very critical. 47 sacks is pretty awful though, but there were times where they were good. i guess its just the inconsistency that makes them seem worse than they are in my mind. i do put a lot of blame on the line for fwp's ypc dropping off from past seasons

Legend

User Info Menu

Offense:
    Russell and Mendenhall

Defense:

Pappy

Pappy
    thats true, i guess im just very critical. 47 sacks is pretty awful though, but there were times where they were good. i guess its just the inconsistency that makes them seem worse than they are in my mind. i do put a lot of blame on the line for fwp's ypc dropping off from past seasons
    It is my belief that our O-line and an average back and an average quarterback would win about 5 or 6 games, that's how good I believe that Parker/Ben/Miller/Ward are as players.

The O-line also seemed to pick the most inopportune times to have their "inconsistency" show up and, so, it seemed to magnify their inadequacies.

This is the reason I'm hoping they get more than one series, I'm curious to see what we have.

Pappy

7.178 -
    7.195 -