Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Anthony Smith is a moron

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Anthony Smith is a moron

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    I have no issue with intensity on defense. Hell, I remember some articles on Jack Lambert's "intensity" at practice. But Jack was a respected leader on a team filled with notable legends. He not talked the talked but he walked it as well. All this kid has done is jaw some guarantee that his play could not support... which inevitably made his team look dumb. He needs to focus that intensity in the game with some spectacular defensive plays, hard-hitting enough that offenses will no game-plan anything near him. That's the kind of intensity worth noting. Until then, he's just some punk who likes to play bull-dozer at inopportuned momemts.
    AS, I feel for him and the "guarantee" label that he's been given. That interview was total b.s. I only fault him for being inexperienced and not realizing that he was being set up.

It wasn't much different that this.
    "Do you think you can beat the Pats?"
    "Sure"
    "Is that a guarantee?"
    "Well, if we bring our A game, we can beat them"
    "So, that IS a guarantee?"
    "Uh... sure"
    Yeah, it's an example of the press trying to make sensational attention-getting news for themselves rather than reporting the facts.

It's the way of the world today, and players have to be savvy to it so they don't get gothcha'ed by the media, which I agree is what happened to AS.

I would like to see AS get a chance to take Moss apart going over the middle is Moss has the cahones to go there.

I would love nothing better than to get on that field and light up Moss... er.... Oh! I guess you meant Anthony Smith.... sorry.... continue.

Starter

User Info Menu

AS, I feel for him and the "guarantee" label that he's been given. That interview was total b.s. I only fault him for being inexperienced and not realizing that he was being set up.

"Sure"
    "Is that a guarantee?"
    "Uh... sure"
    moneymoneymoneymoney.....moooooney

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy
    I have no issue with intensity on defense. Hell, I remember some articles on Jack Lambert's "intensity" at practice. But Jack was a respected leader on a team filled with notable legends. He not talked the talked but he walked it as well. All this kid has done is jaw some guarantee that his play could not support... which inevitably made his team look dumb. He needs to focus that intensity in the game with some spectacular defensive plays, hard-hitting enough that offenses will no game-plan anything near him. That's the kind of intensity worth noting. Until then, he's just some punk who likes to play bull-dozer at inopportuned momemts.

"Sure"
    "Is that a guarantee?"
    "Uh... sure"
    Yeah, it's an example of the press trying to make sensational attention-getting news for themselves rather than reporting the facts.

It's the way of the world today, and players have to be savvy to it so they don't get gothcha'ed by the media, which I agree is what happened to AS.

I would like to see AS get a chance to take Moss apart going over the middle is Moss has the cahones to go there.

I would love nothing better than to get on that field and light up Moss... er.... Oh! I guess you meant Anthony Smith.... sorry.... continue.
    AS ~ Yes, you !!! Go for it.
    Hey, at the least, you could graphic it up for us all on the board. You snuffing Moss and then lighting it up with a celebration would be a double-Yoi.

Legend

User Info Menu

The only reason I don't advocate cutting Smith is because in all likelihood Cleveland or Cincinnatti would pick him up in a heartbeat since their secondaries are so bad.

He isn't without potential, but as my boss says "his brain is stuck on stupid."
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"