Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anthony Smith is a moron

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Anthony Smith is a moron

Quote Originally Posted by RussBII
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettoscott
    I like the kid, i dont agree with the hits on his teammates though. Any word from Tomlin on this?
    I WANT to like him. I'd love to have a head hunter in the secondary... but he's just not all that bright.
    I'm with you ... I REALLY want to like him. I think he has the ability to be a game changer with his hits and athletic prowess. I didn't realize he has little to no common sense. One of the vets needs to take him aside and explain some things to him. Let him know he could be playing for the bengals.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

emosteve

Smith does have a ton of potential... Shame he did't lay that hit on Moss

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    he is still pretty young though, he will learn im sure
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    AS...is one of those guys who will string us along for years....wanting him to "bloom" and mature. It won't happen. I would say his IQ is around 80...plus he has impulse control issues. He is a terrific athlete but without a constructive thought in his head.
    That pretty much sums up the two schools of thought on this kid. I hope he learns and winds up being a stud for us, but I'm starting to think that might not happen.

I'm not even factoring in his "guarantee" from last year, just the hitting folks in camp...
    that wasnt even a guarantee though. that was just a pi$$ poor journalist trying to bait a young and dumb player and it worked. i dont blame smith all that much for that. people forget the week after that game he made an int and brought it back to the jax 5 which led to a comeback, that fell short of course. but still if he had not made that play it wouldnt of even been close. his bad plays definetly over shadow his good ones. kind of like when nate drops a pass its a lot more noticeable than when any other wr drops a pass

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

AS...is one of those guys who will string us along for years....wanting him to "bloom" and mature. It won't happen. I would say his IQ is around 80...plus he has impulse control issues. He is a terrific athlete but without a constructive thought in his head.
    That pretty much sums up the two schools of thought on this kid. I hope he learns and winds up being a stud for us, but I'm starting to think that might not happen.

I'm not even factoring in his "guarantee" from last year, just the hitting folks in camp...
    that wasnt even a guarantee though. that was just a pi$$ poor journalist trying to bait a young and dumb player and it worked. i dont blame smith all that much for that. people forget the week after that game he made an int and brought it back to the jax 5 which led to a comeback, that fell short of course. but still if he had not made that play it wouldnt of even been close. his bad plays definetly over shadow his good ones. kind of like when nate drops a pass its a lot more noticeable than when any other wr drops a pass
    I agree, I didn't mean for it sound like I was just ignoring that, and it was a huuuuge deal. I don't think the "guarantee" was really his doing. He was just being confident, which is good. If you look at the quote, the fact that it was taken as a guarantee was laughable. Now, he did get beat like a drum in that game... He has had his moments in other games (the decleating of Houshmangina comes to mind).

However, when he makes a big play, I'm almost worried that he won't finish the play because he's so excited to start his celebration. Combine that with his seeming inability to learn, and it's troublesome.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettoscott
    I like the kid, i dont agree with the hits on his teammates though. Any word from Tomlin on this?
    I WANT to like him. I'd love to have a head hunter in the secondary... but he's just not all that bright.
    I'm with you ... I REALLY want to like him. I think he has the ability to be a game changer with his hits and athletic prowess. I didn't realize he has little to no common sense. One of the vets needs to take him aside and explain some things to him. Let him know he could be playing for the bengals.
    Several of the vets need to take him aside and pound him into a bloody pulp.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It was pizzpoor judgement on the local journalists who led him into that lin of question, and really poor judgement on the national media for playing it as much as they did. It made that loss that much more hard to stomach.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher

It was pizzpoor judgement on the local journalists who led him into that lin of question, and really poor judgement on the national media for playing it as much as they did. It made that loss that much more hard to stomach.
    that was by far the worst steeler game ive ever been too. it was great seeing james harrison get in brady's face. man he was so shook

Legend

User Info Menu

I mean.....seriously.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I mean.....seriously.
    what? that doesnt look like a harvard scholar to you?

Legend

User Info Menu

I mean.....seriously.
    what? that doesnt look like a harvard scholar to you?
    What it looks like is... his mother banged an alien.
    Trolls are people too.