Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anthony Smith is a moron

Re: Anthony Smith is a moron

WRs are sissies. There's hitting going on all over the place. If you don't want to be hit, get off the FOOTBALL field.

Why are we excited to hear that Woodley is unblockable - doesn't that mean he's basically blasting people, etc.
    Mock 3.0
    1. Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
    2. Jordan Matthews, WR, Vandy
    3. Ed Stinson, DE, Alabama
    4. Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor
    5. Zachariah Kerr, NT, Delaware
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    6. Marcel Jensen, TE, Fresno State
    6a Greg Blair, ILB, Cincinnati
    7. Kaleb Ramsey, DE, Boston College

2013 MNF Executive Champion!

Buh-Bye

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    WRs are sissies. There's hitting going on all over the place. If you don't want to be hit, get off the FOOTBALL field.

Why are we excited to hear that Woodley is unblockable - doesn't that mean he's basically blasting people, etc.
    I am not that excited. Woodley is hitting people too hard. Not fair to the rest of the guys.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by RussBII
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    he is still pretty young though, he will learn im sure
    AS...is one of those guys who will string us along for years....wanting him to "bloom" and mature. It won't happen. I would say his IQ is around 80...plus he has impulse control issues. He is a terrific athlete but without a constructive thought in his head.
    That pretty much sums up the two schools of thought on this kid. I hope he learns and winds up being a stud for us, but I'm starting to think that might not happen.

I'm not even factoring in his "guarantee" from last year, just the hitting folks in camp...

I mean.....seriously.
    Can we leave "appearance" out of this?

Seems like a "character" issue to me judging from the behavior pattern, probably an enduring trait, If so, the behavior may be difficult to change without strong and consistent external controls. I think he'll be a coach's management challenge as long as he plays. Good luck, Tomlin and staff.

That said, I hope he surprises us and learns what needs to be learned. I like having the threat of his hitting out there for us.

As for his play last year, he is not suited to free safety but played out of position by team necessity. His strengths are suited to strong safety. I am glad to see Ryan Mundy drafted as I think he'll stick, back up Clark for a few years and learn from him, and be an asset in both short-term and long-term at FS and STs.
    PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS

Unlike most of you, I actually think it's funny.

Hines jumps his schitt for blasting Reid and he says, fine, I'll blast you, too.

At the time, some people criticized him for doing it to Reid, as if he was picking on the little guy.

Sorta reminds me of the Michael Jordan story where he dunked on a little guy (Mark Price, maybe) and the fans said "pick on pomeone your own size" and he later dunked on a 7-footer...
    Mock 3.0

AS...is one of those guys who will string us along for years....wanting him to "bloom" and mature. It won't happen. I would say his IQ is around 80...plus he has impulse control issues. He is a terrific athlete but without a constructive thought in his head.
    That pretty much sums up the two schools of thought on this kid. I hope he learns and winds up being a stud for us, but I'm starting to think that might not happen.

I'm not even factoring in his "guarantee" from last year, just the hitting folks in camp...

I mean.....seriously.
    what? that doesnt look like a harvard scholar to you?
    What it looks like is... his mother banged an alien.
    I'll have you know that my mother banged an alien once and I turned out just fine.

Hines jumps his schitt for blasting Reid and he says, fine, I'll blast you, too.
    It was a no-contact drill. Hines was not prepared for being smacked. Smashing a receiver on your team (not to mention one of the team's best players) over the middle in a no contact drill is stupid, not funny. Hines could've very easily been injured. I'm sure the coaching staff didn't find it easy.

Quote Originally Posted by steelernation77

It was a no-contact drill. Hines was not prepared for being smacked. Smashing a receiver on your team (not to mention one of the team's best players) over the middle in a no contact drill is stupid, not funny. Hines could've very easily been injured. I'm sure the coaching staff didn't find it easy.
    Sounds like he's reacting and playing...
    Spending time THINKING got him toasted last year.

I'm still having a hard time with why y'all are getting your panties in a bunch.
    Mock 3.0

It was a no contact drill. He hit one of our best players who was defenseless over the middle and not expecting a hit. He could've been injured. Would you think it was funny if Hines got a concussion?

Quote Originally Posted by steelernation77
    It was a no contact drill. He hit one of our best players who was defenseless over the middle and not expecting a hit. He could've been injured. Would you think it was funny if Hines got a concussion?
    Reacting got him toasted last year. How many times did he come up for run support
    on a play action and get burnt deep?

I think I've mentioned this before on the other board, but my brother-in-law graduated
    high school with him, and before A. Smith every played a down in the NFL, my bro said
    the exact same things that most of us are saying now. "He's cocky, dumb as a rock,
    has no common sense, and is pretty much an a-hole."

Still, I'd like to see Smith mature into his potential and bring some quiet swagger.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy

I mean.....seriously.
    Can we leave "appearance" out of this?

Seems like a "character" issue to me judging from the behavior pattern, probably an enduring trait, If so, the behavior may be difficult to change without strong and consistent external controls. I think he'll be a coach's management challenge as long as he plays. Good luck, Tomlin and staff.

That said, I hope he surprises us and learns what needs to be learned. I like having the threat of his hitting out there for us.

As for his play last year, he is not suited to free safety but played out of position by team necessity. His strengths are suited to strong safety. I am glad to see Ryan Mundy drafted as I think he'll stick, back up Clark for a few years and learn from him, and be an asset in both short-term and long-term at FS and STs.
    Are you ugly or sumthin'?

Sorry didn't mean to offend.