Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BREAKING NEWS: Favre traded to Jets (this finally ends!)

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Favre traded to Jets (this finally ends!)

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    you guys think this is over? HA he's in NYC now, this is going to get even worse before it gets better.
    The Brett vs. Brady build-up to the two Jets-Pats games will make me want to vomit, I'm sure.
    I can already taste the bile in the back of my throat.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Jets had better hold on to Pennington, Brett needs to learn the offense, get on the same page with their recievers and he only has a few weeks to do it.

This is a train wreck waiting to happen.

i actually think the jets will be good this year and now that they actually have a qb i think they have a shot at a 9 win season or so. im kind of happy he went to the jets. i think they have a legite shot at giving the pats some competition for the afc east

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    I posted this in "around the NFL" or whatever since the topics keep getting moved there.

It would be much easier to catch all the NFL news if we could put it here.
    Now, that camp has started we are trying to keep this purely for Steelers news and discussion. Once people get used to going to the NFL section...discussion in that forum will pick up. It keeps things tidy.
    That's one opinion. :P

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I wonder if Faneca will object to Brett coming in and learning the offense.

"Who wants to work w/ a future HOFer that doesn't know the offense?"

emosteve

I was hoping whoever got Favre would then turn around and trade him to the Viks.

Apparently they thought of that. Trade has a catch that if that happened, they would have to give the Pack 3 1st round picks.

Maybe Pennington will go to the Viks....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by emosteve
    I was hoping whoever got Favre would then turn around and trade him to the Viks.

Apparently they thought of that. Trade has a catch that if that happened, they would have to give the Pack 3 1st round picks.

Maybe Pennington will go to the Viks....

I was wondering the implications of a trade like this. This isn't like baseball. Favre is going to have to go in thyere and learn the offense, the playbook, and the tendancies of his receivers. I can't imagine this will work in a one-year period. I would be shocked if the Jets finished above .500 this season. I think they will actually be WORSE with Favre at the helm, at least in the short term.

Legend

User Info Menu

I kind of feel sorry for Farve, he's just a big ol' country boy with no idea what it's going to be like to go to the white hot spot light of the big apple. He was a god in Green Bay, and that's all he's ever known, I don't think he's the kind of guy that will holds up well under crucifixion, which definitely awaits him courtesy of the NY media and fans when he shows he's not the Savior. It's gonna be ugly ...

Having said all that ... Pennington had no arm, the defenses knew it and cheated up on him so much that the Jets were never going to win more than 6 or 7 games a season with him under center. This is actually a good move for the Jets - Farve won't do worse than Pennington would have, and backup Kelly Clemens will have an awesome year of learning from a master before he takes over the reins next year or the year after.

I hope the Jets didn't give up too much to get Farve, though ... we need them to have at least a fighting chance of beating the Pats* over the medium- to long-term!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by blacknblue80s
    The Jets had better hold on to Pennington, Brett needs to learn the offense, get on the same page with their recievers and he only has a few weeks to do it.

He will be fine. If a 16 year vet can't learn the offense in 5 weeks lord help the Jets for making this move. I'm stoked that the AFC East is finally getting a little better. It's about time the Patriots earned their 6 wins a year rather then starting off 6-0 every year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blacknblue80s

I heard Jaws on ESPN Radio today saying that learning the new terminology is like speaking English today and having to speak French tomorrow...it's not easy.

Add to it that the reason Favre didn't want to play for McCarthy is because McCarthy wanted him to do more game prep, film study, etc. Favre just wants to run around there and play...it's going to be interesting to see how it develops.