Thread: Kemo The Difference-maker

Legend

User Info Menu

Kemo The Difference-maker

Big Chris has only been back a few days and already his presence is making a difference in run-blocking. That is according to Tomlin. I hope that adding him back into mix will help to start solidifying the OL a little. They desperately need something solid to build on. It sounds as though Kemo my be it.

[quote]“The goal-line drill was much better, it was spirited and I think No. 68 had something to do with that,” said Coach Mike Tomlin.

Tomlin would be referring to Chris Kemoeatu, the presumptive starter at left guard who returned to the field on Monday after spending the first week on the physically unable to perform list with a weak triceps. Playing with a brace, Kemoeatu pulled from his left guard spot to lead Willie Parker into the end zone over the right side of the line of scrimmage on the first play of the drill
    .[/quote]

[url="http://news.steelers.com/article/92838/"]http://news.steelers.com/article/92838/[/url]
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Kemo The Difference-maker

For all those "chest thumpers", Kemo could turn out to be my proudest moment as a chest thumper - at least of ones that the team actually drafted... he stayed in my mock that year, and, i actually drafted him earlier than the team did in my mock.

It was his nastiness and power that interested me for our "power running" team.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Buh-Bye

[url="http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1486"]viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1486[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelHeel
    http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1486
    Don't forget about [url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1485[/url] before that!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm glad he's back.... Do you think this might be a weakness as the season goes on and the physical duration takes it's toll? ... I mean, it's NEVER good to start camp on the PUP list.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    I'm glad he's back.... Do you think this might be a weakness as the season goes on and the physical duration takes it's toll? ... I mean, it's NEVER good to start camp on the PUP list.
    Well, FWP was hurt before the season started last year.

Randy Moss was hurt too. Look how that turned out.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelTorch
    Well, FWP was hurt before the season started last year.

Randy Moss was hurt too. Look how that turned out.
    Point made... But do they take the "wear and tear" that a lineman does?... I also look for him to have a decent year, as someone pointed out, but just hope he can endure it... I will admit that being on the PUP list at the start of camp doesn't necessarily mean it's "as bad" as one may think. ...

Legend

User Info Menu

That's a good point NKy, I guess only time will tell. Still, it was good to hear something positive about the OL after only hearing negativity thus far.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Kemoeatu pulled from his left guard spot to lead Willie Parker into the end zone over the right side of the line of scrimmage on the first play of the drill
    To me, this is the most interesting part of the article. We all know that he is a beast in straight ahead blocking, but I am pleasantly surprised to see him getting out front and pulling. That was one of AF's great skills, just see FWP's big run in SB XL.

I had thought that Kemo would be better suited for RG than LG because the LG is asked to pull more in our O, and I did not think that Kemo was agile enough to pull that off. If it turns out that he is, then he will be a monster in our run game.