Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favre to Vikings scenario?

LasVegasGuy

Favre to Vikings scenario?

Call me crazy but I still see Brett going to the Vikings. I think him and his agent would be foolish not to be discussing a 3 way trade that will send Favre to Minnesota. Don't think Favre doesn't want 2 shots at Green Bay after all they have said about him.

Behind closed doors and away from the Packers brass what would stop Tampa or the Jets from acquiring Favre only to ship him to Minnesota for what the Vikings were offering the Packers? I personally would love to see something like this happen. The Packers would think they had the upper hand shipping him out of the NFC North or into the AFC East only to have him traded minutes later to his new team the Vikings. That would be the first Monday Night game in a long time that I would be excited to watch.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Favre to Vikings?

There is no way the Packers would do a deal without a clause in the agreement dictating that Favre can not be traded to a divisional opponent.

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    There is no way the Packers would do a deal without a clause in the agreement dictating that Favre can not be traded to a divisional opponent.

Make sense. Whether or not another team will agree to be told what to do with a player by his ex team is yet to be seen.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d

Make sense. Whether or not another team will agree to be told what to do with a player by his ex team is yet to be seen.
    If they don't agree they don't get him. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if other players traded have had things like this in the trade agreements.

Anything can happen, but I would be floored if they didn't have conditions on the trade!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

... At this point, I think he'll be playing for Tampa.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

To the Jets and Chad boy to be dumped elsewhere. Never thought Favre would go out like this.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Alot of media guys saying partial reason is so the Jets can try to become somewhat relevant in the area again to sell PSL's for the new stadium. It makes sense, Favre definitely draws attention, while he might not put them over the top, he's worth a couple more wins than the douche bags they already had. People will be talking about them and granted he won't play in the stadium likely, the deed will be done and PSL's bought...

This kind of reminds me of Paris Hilton (or "celebrity") always suddenly having a sex tape leak when they have a new tv show or music album ready to come out. Like they didn't have something to do with its "leak".
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

LasVegasGuy

My bad. I for one didn't see Favre going to the Jets unless it meant being shipped over to Minnesota. I think the Jets are going to surprise some people. They now have a legitimate quarterback who will have all day to throw behind this offense of line. Give Favre time and he will kill you.

I wouldn't be surprised if they beat the Patriots in week 2. Favre won't crumple under the pressure of playing the Patriots like Pennington and Clemens.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

My bad. I for one didn't see Favre going to the Jets unless it meant being shipped over to Minnesota. I think the Jets are going to surprise some people. They know have a legitimate quarterback who will have all day to throw behind this offense of line. Give Favre time and he will kill you.

I wouldn't be surprised if they beat the Patriots in week 2. Favre won't crumple under the pressure of playing the Patriots like Pennington and Clemens.
    Yeah that game will come down to the Jets D trying to hang with the Cheats offense. I think the Pats D won't be able to contain the Jets offense, Cotchery will be open all day and will now have a viable deep ball thrower to lob up passes for him to go grab.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    My bad. I for one didn't see Favre going to the Jets unless it meant being shipped over to Minnesota. I think the Jets are going to surprise some people. They know have a legitimate quarterback who will have all day to throw behind this offense of line. Give Favre time and he will kill you.

Yeah that game will come down to the Jets D trying to hang with the Cheats offense. I think the Pats D won't be able to contain the Jets offense, Cotchery will be open all day and will now have a viable deep ball thrower to lob up passes for him to go grab.

The Jets played them tight last year even the second game when everyone said it was going to be a massacre. I think this was the only game Brady didn't throw a touchdown reception. The Jets can play with the Patriots and the games this year just got alot more interesting.

What Brady is doing for Moss and the little white guy. Favre will do for Cotchery and Coles.