Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More douchebaggery from the Bengals boards...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

More douchebaggery from the Bengals boards...

I (unfortunately) took a glance at the Bengals message boards today. In doing so, I saw two topics that caught my eye:

1. The first is from the loveable Joe from Florence criticizing Ben for all his injuries. Apparently, despite all the hits he takes, getting hurt makes him a glass QB. Some of the Bengal tools even believe Carson is a tougher QB than him! They say it's because he recovered from his knee injury in 6 months. Keyword: 6 months, and it's a freaking knee injury. The man still can't take a hit (a tackle he can take, not a hit).

2. Another thread making fun of the Steelers moving toward a more spread offense. They claim Ben can't handle it, even though he had his statistically best season last year AND made the Pro-Bowl (something they claimed he would never ever ever do). As expected, they point to the stupid 30+ attempts = loss stat, which shows just how little they understand Steelers football.

Yep, just as delusional as ever. I guess we'll have to console ourselves by watching the Steelers thrash their Halloween-colored behinds again this year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: More douchebaggery from the Bengals boards...

One word sums them up - eejits.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Did you get banned from the site ST? I thought you would have jump all over Joe for his Ben thread...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    Did you get banned from the site ST? I thought you would have jump all over Joe for his Ben thread...
    The urge was overwhelming. (I find it kind of miraculous I haven't been banned yet)

But in case you missed the thread, I'm currently staying in Mexico, and so I respectfully bowed out of the Cincy forum until I get back to the U.S. I'm trying to limit all my time to Steeler football talk, and that's it. Back in the Cincy forum, it's all too easy to make one post in refute, but then someone replies, then you reply back, and so on and so on... it becomes a huge time waster.

Besides, I have others that can do the dirty work for me. Plus I've come to expect the fact that Joe will bash Ben any chance he gets. Just isn't worth getting riled over.

Legend

User Info Menu

Eejits.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelTorch
    The urge was overwhelming. (I find it kind of miraculous I haven't been banned yet)

But in case you missed the thread, I'm currently staying in Mexico, and so I respectfully bowed out of the Cincy forum until I get back to the U.S. I'm trying to limit all my time to Steeler football talk, and that's it. Back in the Cincy forum, it's all too easy to make one post in refute, but then someone replies, then you reply back, and so on and so on... it becomes a huge time waster.

Besides, I have others that can do the dirty work for me. Plus I've come to expect the fact that Joe will bash Ben any chance he gets. Just isn't worth getting riled over.
    Forgot that you were going down to Mexico. Hope you're having good time.

Joe will take any chance to bash ben, but it is a smack forum. If it was just filled with logical threads it wouldn't be any fun.

I do have to say though, that you have been going down to his level at times ST. Some of your more recent comments have been just as trollish as his. I'm assuming that you're just doing it for the same reasons that Joe does it, to get a rise out of the rival fans...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Forgot that you were going down to Mexico. Hope you're having good time.

Joe will take any chance to bash ben, but it is a smack forum. If it was just filled with logical threads it wouldn't be any fun.

I do have to say though, that you have been going down to his level at times ST. Some of your more recent comments have been just as trollish as his. I'm assuming that you're just doing it for the same reasons that Joe does it, to get a rise out of the rival fans...
    Thanks. It's actually been very fun so far.

And comments...such as?

I won't deny I can get trollish. Yes, I do it to get a rise out of others, but the problem with Joe is that it's really hard to tell when he's serious and when he isn't (plus we all know he's not a Big Ben fan). And let's be honest here...many times your Bengal brethren bring my trolling on themselves.

But like you said, this is a smack forum, after all. If everyone were like Ghostwriter, it'd be no fun at all.

Legend

User Info Menu

Isn't smack supposed to be somewhat based in reality? I mean, if it's not then it's just stupid BS not even worth acknowledging.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

And comments...such as?

I won't deny I can get trollish. Yes, I do it to get a rise out of others, but the problem with Joe is that it's really hard to tell when he's serious and when he isn't (plus we all know he's not a Big Ben fan). And let's be honest here...many times your Bengal brethren bring my trolling on themselves.

But like you said, this is a smack forum, after all. If everyone were like Ghostwriter, it'd be no fun at all.
    Comments such as:

When talking about David Garrad:

"OOOOH, I hate that man. I hope someone takes his knees out.
    Where's Kimo when you need him? "

When someone posted a picture of Terry Bradshaw in a referee uniform:

"Don't blame Bradshaw. Blame Carson Palmer for not being able to take a hit"

When someone posted an article talking about Larry Foote losing his starting spot. The person said he remembered seeing Larry Foote laughing on the play that Carson went down to Kimo. You responded with:

"And what a brilliant play it was. It still brings a smile to my face knowing it riles people like you."

After someone posted a picture of Kimo taking out Carson, saying Kimo is a dirty player:

"I'll say. Carson Palmer is a d**k!"

Now I've been on those boards for a while, so I know you're a good poster ST. But there is a line between being sarastic and funny and just being trollish. I'm sure if I made multiple jokes on this board about Ben and the motorcycle incident in jest, I probably wouldn't have an active account much longer. A passing comment here or there about it is one thing, multiple comments within a couple of weeks and sometimes days of each other is a little trollish.

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Isn't smack supposed to be somewhat based in reality? I mean, if it's not then it's just stupid BS not even worth acknowledging.
    I agree it has to have some basis in reality. But illogical posters keeps the smack forum going. If it was just filled with people who know what they are talking about then the smack degrades over time.

I know when I first joined the Bengals board, I used to get into heated smack contests with a poster named CalSteeler. But after a while we both respected the others opinion so we don't smack each other anymore. Which I think is generally what happens when you respect another posters opinions. But Ghostwriter on the other hand has no clue what he's talking about and to this day I smack him around whenever I get a chance...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

And comments...such as?

Comments such as:

When talking about David Garrad:

"OOOOH, I hate that man. I hope someone takes his knees out.
    Where's Kimo when you need him? "

When someone posted a picture of Terry Bradshaw in a referee uniform:

"Don't blame Bradshaw. Blame Carson Palmer for not being able to take a hit"

When someone posted an article talking about Larry Foote losing his starting spot. The person said he remembered seeing Larry Foote laughing on the play that Carson went down to Kimo. You responded with:

"And what a brilliant play it was. It still brings a smile to my face knowing it riles people like you."

After someone posted a picture of Kimo taking out Carson, saying Kimo is a dirty player:

"I'll say. Carson Palmer is a d**k!"

Now I've been on those boards for a while, so I know you're a good poster ST. But there is a line between being sarastic and funny and just being trollish. I'm sure if I made multiple jokes on this board about Ben and the motorcycle incident in jest, I probably wouldn't have an active account much longer. A passing comment here or there about it is one thing, multiple comments within a couple of weeks and sometimes days of each other is a little trollish.

Oh come on, you know me. Those were in jest. I may be a royal arse, but I never actually wish for other players to get hurt (the only exception being Tom Brady).

Plus, even you have to admit that last one was funny. Although for the record, I do think CP is somewhat of a d**k, and I'm not exactly a huge Gerrard fan either after that heartbreaking loss.

(As far as that second-to-last one, we both know that was after the crash-test-dummy Big Ben thread. As far as I'm concerned, they had that one coming.)

And we both know Ghostwriter is a lot like John Madden: he/she/it tells you no new info, only what you already know, and sometimes makes himself/herself look ridiculous in doing so.

Anyway, back on topic: