Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fans on notice

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Fans on notice

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL

I hope the Steelers defeat the Eagles this year or I will never hear the end of it.
    I feel the same way about the Steelers match-up with the Colts.

I talk alot of junk to the Colt fan base where I live.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I attended the Monday night game with Philly against Dallas at the old stadium during a layover in Philly.... I wore a neutral brown sweater so as not to entice any action...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    It is really sad that pro sports have reached this level of ignorance. I would never attack or demean the fan of another team. Sometimes people take it too far.
    Agreed. It is just a "game"..... But is it the high price of admission that gives the obnoxious fans a "sense of entitlement", or something else?... Is alcohol the only factor?... Man, even with my dad, some of what I see makes me blush at times.... It's just out of control at most locations...

It's probably a combination of things. Kind of funny when I think about it. Players state they turn into different people when they are on the field. It appears to be the same for some fans. LOL

Seriously I hope they can get rid of all the trash at the games. It is the responsiblity of other fans to report obnoxious and rude fans. If organizations or season ticket holders are selling seats to those types of fans, they should be held accountable for the actions of those fans. It is a tough job but with the help of good fans it can be done. There are long lines of good fans waiting in line for season tickets.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If organizations or season ticket holders are selling seats to those types of fans, they should be held accountable for the actions of those fans. It is a tough job but with the help of good fans it can be done.
    ...Here in Cincy, it has been policy for the last previous two seasons that if a season ticket holder sells thier tix, they are still held responsible for the actions of those who they sold to.... And possible revocation of thier season tix is the penalty.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq

It's funny but one time I listened to the radio here in Philly. It was a Dallas Cowboy fan and he stated that they are selective about opposing fans they pick on at games. He said he was 6-3 220 and he did not hear a peep out one person the whole game.

I hope the Steelers defeat the Eagles this year or I will never hear the end of it.
    Unfortunately, I'm well under 6-3 and 220. I've been to the past two Steelers preseason games in Philly. No problem at the first, dealt with some obnoxious heckling at the second, but nothing too bad. I've heard (and expect) the regular season to be much worse.

I'm with you on the Steelers beating the Eagles this year -- football season will be so much more pleasant if the Steelers win.

Backup

User Info Menu

I've been to Steeler away games at Minnesota, KC, and Atlanta and never really had any issues. For the most part, opposing fans are intimidated by how many Steeler fans there are at the game. In Minnesota in 2005, I was heckled a bit for my Bradshaw jersey, but we were winning so there wasn't much they could say.

Starter

User Info Menu

I hate to break it to you NKY, but this has nothing to do with entitlement and everything to do with alcohol. There are only really 2 things that make people act like A-holes, the number one and most dangerous is the booze. They get the beer muscles, and don't know how to handle their drinks, and they get out of control. Infact they just banned booze at all San Diego county beaches because of the drunkness on 4th of July and Labor Day every year. The second thing that makes people act like A-holes is the feeling of anonimity. People will flip you off, or cut you off in traffic because they know that they will probabaly never see you face to face, and on message boards, where guys will throw insults all day long, but if you saw them on the street they would walk in the other direction even if they saw you robbing and old lady.

The only way they stop the bad behavior at the games is to ban the booze. And if they ban the booze, no one will go to the games.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

ive been to steeler road games against the giants, jets, phins and pats and oddly enough i got the worst treatment at razor stadium. ive never been to a game in philly so i cant compare but boston fans are awful. i dont know how many tough guys at the pats game last year tried starting a fight with me. the funny thing was i was with one of my closest friends who is a pats fan and a big guy, but still some people are just a-holes. its like some people really take it personally if your a fan of the opposing team