Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FF Help

Hall of Famer

Re: FF Help

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    Don't get too hung up on deep sleepers, because chances are there are going to be waaaay better players available still and you will not want to pass up a sure guy for some question mark. Plus normal sleepers are usually sleepers that everyone else has on their lists as well. Towards the end of the draft it usually goes BPA for the most part.
    Hush, damn it!!!!!.........................

Tips and tricks won't help any of you, this league is mine.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Even though I can't make the draft, one word of advice---BE AT THE LIVE DRAFT! That is the only info you are going to get from me. You are already a leg up, newby or not.

... You need to build a team with depth. Injuries occur. You want to be the owner who picks up the sleeper WR in week one because you want to, not cause you need to. These sleepers can carry your team, there is always 1 or 2 every year. There will be a WR that goes undrafted but catches 4 balls for a 100 yards and a TD in the early weeks. Every member clammers to get guy early in the season. It is much nicer fighting for your 4th and potential starter, than to fight for you number 2 due to injury.

...Unless you really want to spend an earlier pick on a kicker or defense, wait till the end to draft them. They are a dime a dozen point wise and teams always surprise. It is conceivable with enough talent at the skill positions, you could play the matches ups week to week and pick up free agents at K and Def and still make it to the playoffs and beyond.

... Last piece of advice, draft with your head and not with your heart. You might want a steeler or former buckeye on your squad but need a back up at another position, choose wisely and not on potential till the later rounds.
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember.

Funny... once upon a time, i almost retired from Fantasy football and started to write a Fantasy Football advice web page. I had gotten on a roll. I was in a league that I had a 3-peat... The year of the 3rd win, I also won big money in 2 other leagues (won in 3 out of 4 that year). So, my ideas were proven.

The ideas were not from the perspective of "player rankings", but, more from the perspective of "useful philosophies within fantasy football". But, when it got down to it, I didn't win because I knew players the best - I knew them pretty well, but, that wasn't the key.

Unfortunately, I didn't retire... and you can't have my advice.

:P
    Mock 3.0
    1. Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
    2. Jordan Matthews, WR, Vandy
    3. Ed Stinson, DE, Alabama
    4. Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor
    5. Zachariah Kerr, NT, Delaware
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    6. Marcel Jensen, TE, Fresno State
    6a Greg Blair, ILB, Cincinnati
    7. Kaleb Ramsey, DE, Boston College

2013 MNF Executive Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    Funny... once upon a time, i almost retired from Fantasy football and started to write a Fantasy Football advice web page. I had gotten on a roll. I was in a league that I had a 3-peat... The year of the 3rd win, I also won big money in 2 other leagues (won in 3 out of 4 that year). So, my ideas were proven.

The ideas were not from the perspective of "player rankings", but, more from the perspective of "useful philosophies within fantasy football". But, when it got down to it, I didn't win because I knew players the best - I knew them pretty well, but, that wasn't the key.

Unfortunately, I didn't retire... and you can't have my advice.

You are certainly a legend!

In your own mind.