Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FF Help

Re: FF Help

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick'sTeam
    SMG,

As someone previously stated, you need to take the scoring system for your league into consideration when drafting your players. Some will have all TD's worth 6 points regardless of player position whereas others vary based on position. The traditional thinking is that you should draft RB in the first two rounds. I personally think that philosophy is out dated. With all the multiple RB systems being run, it is hard to know who will put up the big numbers (once you get past guys like LT, Westbrook, AP, Addai, Jackson).

I think you should also consider how many teams are in your league. Knowing how long you will have to wait between picks should effect your strategy, and maybe halp you plan who may or may not be available when you pick. Don't draft a Kicker until the very last round, the difference between the kickers will most likely not be relevant.

This of course is only my opinion, and someone else may totally disagree with me, but I have had some success in fantasy leagues over the last few years. Last year I won $600 in one league and $150 in another. Good luck in your draft!
    I was going to say, "Good to see ya, Mick!" but then I noticed you were giving fantasy advice to SMG. I've gotta beat this guy...it is best to keep him in the dark when it comes to these matters. Actually, wait a minute...Shawn, don't listen to Mick. He doesn't know what he is talking about at all. Listen to the previous advice about the early round kickers. Adam Vinatieri is kicking indoors now with the high powered Colts offense giving him plenty of scoring opportunities. You should probably grab him in the first (or second round at the very latest!).
    Apparently my post was anything but clear. I guess I took some things for granted that I assumed were obvious even to FF newbs.

SMG, I thought it went without saying that if Vinatieri is still on the board when you pick, you've got to take him. He's considered a steal even if you grab him with the first overall pick. Don't pass on Vinatieri!

If you are near a college town, or place with trendy little hangouts with Wi-Fi like a coffee shop then these are a nice choice. Many of the large franchises like Buffalo Wild Wings and Hooters are offering free wings and other amenities if you hold your draft in their joint the last couple of years; don't recommend heavy drinking during draft though, might end up with a team full of Bungles or worse yet, Brownies. Generally we use a Churchill's or local coffee house who has nice comfortable furniture so we can lounge, have a good time, internet connectivity, and will tolerate us one or two days annually.

Choose a reliable service, nothing worse than getting to the draft and having issues with various owners. Makes for a very long season. We use My Fantasy League, but CBS, Yahoo, and ESPN all have quality services for most. Used EA Sports one year when it first came out, had a lot of cutting edge tools which was neat then, but being new the draft went pretty bad for a couple. I am sure its better now and usually you get a free subscription with Madden each year, at least the last couple of seasons there has been a coupon for League service.

I find the pre rankings pretty acurate, where a team is made is through the waiver wire. If you're lucky enough to find a gem like like GB's rb grant before they bust out your ahead of the game.
    And the best position players dont usaly put up the most points, like a wide receiver from a loseing team see's alot more balls than a receiver who's team is up by 14 and running out the clock.
    Whoever suggested Viniteri in my opinion is wrong unless you want single points for PAT , colts score TD's. You want the Titans or Ravens kickers because when they cant score td's in red zone your getting 3's instead of 1 pointers.( i know the drafting a kicker was joke but im refering to kicker selection)

Good advice guys...thx!

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Good advice guys...thx!
    I think the advice about the Burger King FF is about the only thing you can use here.

Hall of Famer

"There's nothing going on here" ... "We're not the ones you're looking for" ... "Move along" ... "Draft all Steelers".....

Ohhh I soooo have my RB sleeper...whooo hoooo!

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Justin Vincent?

Billy Latsko?

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Justin Vincent?

Billy Latsko?

Gary Russell!!!!

Whooooo Hooooooooooo!

Don't get too hung up on deep sleepers, because chances are there are going to be waaaay better players available still and you will not want to pass up a sure guy for some question mark. Plus normal sleepers are usually sleepers that everyone else has on their lists as well. Towards the end of the draft it usually goes BPA for the most part.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285