Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: FF Help

  1. #1

    FF Help

    Since several of us are total newbs to FF...I was thinking we could have a question and answer post. I personally have a few question...ie...how do you rank players? Must we be at the live draft? Come draft day where do we meet to draft etc. I have no idea how to do this.
    2014 NFL Draft
    1) ​Darqueze Dennard-DB MSU
    2) Jordan Matthews-WR Vandy
    3) Chris Borland-ILB Wisconsin
    4) Caraun Reid, DT Princeton
    5) De'Anthony Thomas-RB Oregon
    5b) Ryan Carrethers-NT Arkansas State
    6) Jeff Janis-WR Saginow Valley State
    6b) Seantrel Henderson, OT MIami
    7) Colt Lyerla -TE Oregon

  2. #2
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    20,353

    Re: FF Help

    I've been in fantasy leagues several times, but it was always with local friends and co-workers, and we would just go over to someone's house and have a live draft over some pizza and wings. We've used Yahoo or Foxsports to keep score for us in those leagues, but I've never done one with CBS Sportsline, so the setup is all new to me too. This will be my first time doing it entirely computerized with folks all over the country as well, so everything is different. I just went over to http://www.sportsline.com/fantasy and signed in, then started looking around. They have the players already ranked (on draft day, the computer will just take the next person off their list for you if you do nothing), but you can go in and alter those rankings to your own personal preferences. I've messed around with the QB rankings and RB rankings so far. Those personal rankings should come in handy on draft day, and it is a good backup in case I'm not able to get my pick in within the 90 second window per pick when we are drafting. Go over there and play around a bit.


    1.15 WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
    2.46 TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
    3.97c ILB Shayne Skov, Stanford
    4.118 CB Philip Gaines, Rice
    5.157 OT James Hurst, North Carolina
    5.173c RB Jerrick McKinnon, Georgia Southern
    6.192 CB Walt Aikens, Liberty
    6.215c DE Deandre Coleman, California
    7.230 NT Zack Kerr, Delaware

  3. #3
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,215

    Re: FF Help

    Take the scoring system into consideration when you rank your players.

    That's all the help you'll get from me, n00b.

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Woooooo!!!
    Posts
    2,976

    Re: FF Help

    Draft kickers in the first round -- they tend to go high.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

  5. #5

    Re: FF Help

    Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Draft kickers in the first round -- they tend to go high.
    Good advice...I was looking at drafting a punter in the first...my secret newb strategerie.
    2014 NFL Draft
    1) ​Darqueze Dennard-DB MSU
    2) Jordan Matthews-WR Vandy
    3) Chris Borland-ILB Wisconsin
    4) Caraun Reid, DT Princeton
    5) De'Anthony Thomas-RB Oregon
    5b) Ryan Carrethers-NT Arkansas State
    6) Jeff Janis-WR Saginow Valley State
    6b) Seantrel Henderson, OT MIami
    7) Colt Lyerla -TE Oregon

  6. #6
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    20,353

    Re: FF Help

    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Draft kickers in the first round -- they tend to go high.
    Good advice...I was looking at drafting a punter in the first...my secret newb strategerie.
    I hear that Sepulveda guy should have a really good second season. Draft him.


    1.15 WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
    2.46 TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
    3.97c ILB Shayne Skov, Stanford
    4.118 CB Philip Gaines, Rice
    5.157 OT James Hurst, North Carolina
    5.173c RB Jerrick McKinnon, Georgia Southern
    6.192 CB Walt Aikens, Liberty
    6.215c DE Deandre Coleman, California
    7.230 NT Zack Kerr, Delaware

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,113

    Re: FF Help

    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    I personally have a few question...ie...how do you rank players? Must we be at the live draft? Come draft day where do we meet to draft etc. I have no idea how to do this.
    Just draft all Steelers......

    Bwahahahaha........
    (that used to KILL me years ago....)

    ...Seriously though, stanz addressed some of the "ranking" questions in the original league thread for me, because I'll be out of town and will not be present for the draft... It will come down to (for the rankings, if you want to change them) whether you think you're smarter than the so-called "experts"... Which in all likelyhood, is probably the case...

  8. #8
    Hall of Famer Djfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,329

    Re: FF Help

    Burger King's are the best!

    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com


    My son's first Kansas Turkey!

  9. #9

    Re: FF Help

    SMG,

    As someone previously stated, you need to take the scoring system for your league into consideration when drafting your players. Some will have all TD's worth 6 points regardless of player position whereas others vary based on position. The traditional thinking is that you should draft RB in the first two rounds. I personally think that philosophy is out dated. With all the multiple RB systems being run, it is hard to know who will put up the big numbers (once you get past guys like LT, Westbrook, AP, Addai, Jackson).

    I think you should also consider how many teams are in your league. Knowing how long you will have to wait between picks should effect your strategy, and maybe halp you plan who may or may not be available when you pick. Don't draft a Kicker until the very last round, the difference between the kickers will most likely not be relevant.

    This of course is only my opinion, and someone else may totally disagree with me, but I have had some success in fantasy leagues over the last few years. Last year I won $600 in one league and $150 in another. Good luck in your draft!

  10. #10
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    20,353

    Re: FF Help

    Quote Originally Posted by Mick'sTeam
    SMG,

    As someone previously stated, you need to take the scoring system for your league into consideration when drafting your players. Some will have all TD's worth 6 points regardless of player position whereas others vary based on position. The traditional thinking is that you should draft RB in the first two rounds. I personally think that philosophy is out dated. With all the multiple RB systems being run, it is hard to know who will put up the big numbers (once you get past guys like LT, Westbrook, AP, Addai, Jackson).

    I think you should also consider how many teams are in your league. Knowing how long you will have to wait between picks should effect your strategy, and maybe halp you plan who may or may not be available when you pick. Don't draft a Kicker until the very last round, the difference between the kickers will most likely not be relevant.

    This of course is only my opinion, and someone else may totally disagree with me, but I have had some success in fantasy leagues over the last few years. Last year I won $600 in one league and $150 in another. Good luck in your draft!
    I was going to say, "Good to see ya, Mick!" but then I noticed you were giving fantasy advice to SMG. I've gotta beat this guy...it is best to keep him in the dark when it comes to these matters. Actually, wait a minute...Shawn, don't listen to Mick. He doesn't know what he is talking about at all. Listen to the previous advice about the early round kickers. Adam Vinatieri is kicking indoors now with the high powered Colts offense giving him plenty of scoring opportunities. You should probably grab him in the first (or second round at the very latest!).


    1.15 WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
    2.46 TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
    3.97c ILB Shayne Skov, Stanford
    4.118 CB Philip Gaines, Rice
    5.157 OT James Hurst, North Carolina
    5.173c RB Jerrick McKinnon, Georgia Southern
    6.192 CB Walt Aikens, Liberty
    6.215c DE Deandre Coleman, California
    7.230 NT Zack Kerr, Delaware

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •